[Merged] Frash - Flash plugin for jailbreaked iPhone / iPad

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by shadowness, Jul 4, 2010.

1. shadowness macrumors regular

2. koollectablz macrumors 6502

Wow, that is actually looking pretty awesome. Looking forward to a release to try it!

3. BrennerM macrumors regular

I'll be curious to see how they handle mouse and keyboard input for Flash games that have no idea they are running on touch screens. I noticed in the demo video that they didn't do much except launch apps...not much interaction. Could be very handy for Flash video sites though. I bet it sucks battery down like crazy.

4. p-rice macrumors regular

Nice. Will look forward to this. Hope this means we get to watch Hulu for free on the browser instead.

5. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

AWESOME! cant wait for this to be released, i feel bad for the people who don't jailbreak.

6. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

+1 didnt even think of that

7. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

I wonder if Quake live (in game browser) will run with this ? that would be pretty cool with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse (youd have to get that jailbreak app for the mouse support though)

I could be wrong...

8. nexsta macrumors 6502

When it's going to work as good as in the video, the iPad will be a full capable internet device with this. No matter what you think about flash, everyone comes into a situation where you need flash, even if it's not often. I'm curious how much it will cost.

9. mouthster macrumors regular

Quake Live (the game) isn't flash.

10. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I've always thought Adobe should just release Flash into the jailbreak community.

Guess the hackers beat 'em to it. I've never bothered to jailbreak, but this might very well convince me to!

11. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Oh I thought it ran with some open GL and flash hybrid thing nevermind...

12. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

impressive stuff - could well be the answer for lots of video sites ipad users are currently missing out on - iplayer / hulu / youtube shows etc., etc., etc...

13. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

Great news for the YouTube app. Now you won't be restricted to the H.264 videos.

14. chris200x9 macrumors 6502a

I would guess it would handle input fine, android is touch screen too. It's the same player.

15. JeromeOD macrumors member

Uh, iplayer and YouTube working fine here...

16. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

17. realeric macrumors 6502a

realeric

No, thanks. I want to neither see Flash on my iPhone nor let it crash my phone....

18. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

It requires that the device be jailbroken so that's the main obstacle at this point.

19. Orlics macrumors newbie

It would be a neat thing to install, as long as it were "Click To Flash."

20. Macjames macrumors 6502a

No thank you, I like to have a battery that lasts more than an hour and is not hotter than the Earths core.

21. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

so you think Iphone is that weak that it works perfectly on EVO and suffers on iPHone?

22. darngooddesign macrumors G3

This combined with a SBSettings toggle would be fantastic.

To be fair, prior to Apple saying no flash really sucked on mobile devices. That is what everyone thinks of when they think of mobile flash. Admittedly it is a lot better now, but it could still be better, and it will.

The point everyone is missing is that everyone should thank SJ personally for their decent mobile flash plugin. Without his refusal to include it Adobe would still be half-assing it.

23. Reed Rothchild macrumors 6502

Flash works perfectly on a Nexus One running latest OS. Not sure why Apple can't compete performance wise, but I guess for people who don't want Flash then the iPhone's the best phone out there at the moment :). I've a jailbroken iPad and will be interested to try this out too. Flash is even more useful on the larger screen, and the uncrippled A4 in the iPad should be fast enough - hopefully...

24. realeric macrumors 6502a

realeric

So, why doesn't Flash work perfectly even on Mac? Adobe has failed to develop a flash player for 64bits MS Windows. If Flash became a standard, nobody could make a new system without Adobe's permission and prompt corporation.

25. Thadon macrumors member

Since the flash is ported from android hulu might not work since hulu videos won't load on android.