[MERGED] Free Bumpers/Should Apple supply free bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aibo82, Jun 24, 2010.

?

Should Apple give us free bumpers...?

Poll closed Jun 28, 2010.
  1. Yes

83.5%
  2. No

16.5%
  1. aibo82 macrumors 6502

Haveing seen the explosion of threds about the iphone signal problem I cant help notice the amount of people willing to apcept a free bumper! are people out there heads?

Its a flaw at the end of the day and if apple admit to it will people find it that hard to give up there phone and apcept a free bumper? do we get free screws with the next purchase?

Does anyone have a nokia phone from years back with expess on covers? think the its the 3210 i had I lost the back and if you caught the little metal strip antenna with your hand it killed the signal and droped the call!

Is this whats happening here?

It seems the more I read the threds this could be happening with the iphone 4!?

2. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

After spending $200 on a product which is having problems, AND THEN the company pressuring victims of the antenna issue to buy a bumper is a load of BS

of course i having the problem and not too worried about it, i sure would like that Apple let people have a Bumper for free

3. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

4. Flash69 macrumors regular

5. tritonj macrumors 6502a

no, just give them some time, they are aware of the issue, and i'm sure either tomorrow or Monday there will be something from Apple on the issue

6. purell macrumors member

7. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Not unless every accessory made accounts for the bumpers. The way I will be iSight my next iPhone really requires naked or skinned protection. Dock in house. Dock in car. I'm not about to futz about with case application and removal. I wonder if they will coat the antennae with something.

8. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Free Bumpers for all iPhone 4 Buyers

It's starting to make sense. Apple obviously knew about this issue beforehand. How so? When before have you seen Apple try and sell a case so hard with an iPhone? I know not all customers are having these issues, but most are, and this is crazy if nothing will be done.

I'm all for demanding we get a free bumper. I know this isn't a permanent solution, but it's the least Apple can do for now. How can you tell us to not hold the device a certain way. In what way does that make the iPhone revolutionary? This is 2010, and the 4th model of the iPhone. Telling us to change the way we hold our phones is just arrogant.

Who recalls with the first iPhone where Apple cut the prices just a few months after? We all complained, and got a $100 credit. Apple didn't have to do that, but they did, because enough of us complained, and it was the right thing to do.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/fixouriphone4/

Consider signing this petition and spreading the word. Maybe we can get a solution after all.

9. mikemanblah macrumors regular

I wouldnt mind a free bumper

10. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

11. OsloBergen macrumors member

12. Gagoots macrumors regular

I hope everyone gets a bumper, but I hate any sort of case on my iphone.

Considering that I'm a lefty, there will be issues.

13. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

If the original iPhone owners got $100 for buying the phone when most of us knew it was too expensive, we should get a free $29 bumper if this can be proven as an actual problem that can't be software fixed.

14. doteyes9 macrumors member

Haven't received mine yet, but the general consensus is that I will need a bumper. I wouldn't mine a free, or even just a reduced price one.

15. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

Actually considering he acknowledges what the issue is I say we go for it. Some people will whine its just a personal problem when this time it totally is a design flaw apple has admitted to. Start the petition and i'll gladly sign and convince 10 more people as well :D

16. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

lol. Ya'll are easily bought off with $29. I'm taking notes.

F dat, recall that mofo and re-issue fresh acceptable working joints

17. TexasBlake macrumors member

TexasBlake

Stop abusing the phone.

I have a bumper on my car, truck, and Porsche and I've never had to use them.

18. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

19. TexasBlake macrumors member

TexasBlake

Either will an online petition.

Seriously, when has an online petition work?

20. fballgirl22 macrumors newbie

Apple Is Sending Me A free Bumper

Spoke to them earlier this evening about the issue with signal loss, proximity sensor and my bluetooth. They are going to end up having to send me a new phone because of the bluetooth. It doesn't detect a single bluetooth item. I spoke to two senior service advisers and one seemed to think that it was an issue with software while the other felt it was hardware, same for the proximity sensor. He thought the bluetooth was faulty while she felt it was nothing more than a compatibility issue because of the new OS. She tested one there and it would only pair with other IP4's and IP's running the new OS. Mine refuses to pair with anything period. He felt the proximity sensor is software, she felt it was hardware, either way they will send me a new IP4 and are willing to wave the 29$ shipping but I do however have to allow them to put a hold on my CC for the new IP until mine gets to them. All in all it seems like they know the only fix right now for signal loss are bumpers. I think they are like 25 bucks or so, so if you haven't bought one and are having these problems you might wanna call.

21. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

It doesn't hurt to try, does it?

22. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

The best part is most people would have never noticed this "issue" (note that it's basically a non-issue) but of course there are morons all over the internet who blow this stuff out of proportion.

Either way I'm sure I can argue my way into a free bumper.

23. Galacticus macrumors member

So.....everyone who doesn't have an issue is going to complain just so they get a free bumper?

Nice.

24. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil