Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Should Apple give us free bumpers...?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ec51

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2008
This issue, may it either be hardware or software is definitely effected by signal strength or another signal type issue.

By that I mean, where I live (I get full bar 3G service) I cannot reproduce the problem. But where I work, (I get shoddy 2-3 bar 3G service), I can reproduce the problem each and every time.

wirelessmacuser

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2009
Planet.Earth
I would like to see Apple get back to good product _engineering_

The present trend of great styling and poor engineering is damaging to Apples image. Not to mention the decline in customer satisfaction. Yet despite all that, Apple's still perceived as "cool" proving the power of marketing fluff. Apples success is a reflection of a gullible, easily influenced group of followers that will stand up & defend their leader under any circumstances. It's why Apple forums in general, tend to be the only forums that are so hostile towards anyone that thinks for themselves. Especially if they fail to bow down to the almighty leader.

worldfar

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2006
What a kind of stupid problem the Apple make this time!!!
But I don't think the engineer from Apple hadn't noticed the signal problem, when they test the iPhone.:)

Mugambo

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2009
With the solution for reception issues being handed off with 'use a bumper' from apple customer service and other apple employees, shouldn't appl ebe giving them away.

There is no way apple can justify saying that they accept that there are reception issues and the only way to resolve them is to purchase another of their products... surely this is against fair trade or something like that?

Its like buying a TV and then being told you need to purchase the remote separately!

I for one think they should be giving them away until the issue is resolved!

Dude, I started a similar thread yesterday and a mod closed it within no time. This was when all the fanboys were pouncing like cats crying iPhone 4 does NOT have ANY reception issues. Don't know how long this thread is going to last? Any mods out there could answer this question!!?

Cancelled
Jun 19, 2009
Yes, but only because I'd also answer yes to pretty much any "do you think X should give free Y to [group that includes me]" because, after all, free stuff!

I'm not actually bothered too much by the reception issue and I probably won't be putting any kind of case on my phone.

Mrlewis85

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
Bs

Was sup macrumers!!! First post!!! I'm usually a calm dude, but this issue has me very confused!!! We the consumers need a resolution!!! How would apple feel if we only paid half for the phone. They are going half ass!!!

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Apple just refunded my money for my bumper, they felt I shouldn't have to pay for an item that pretty much makes my phone useable in low signal environments.

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
If apple were smart they would double the retail price of bumpers and take advantage of those people who don't know how to hold their phone.

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Apr 7, 2007
After spending $200 on a product which is having problems, AND THEN the company pressuring victims of the antenna issue to buy a bumper is a load of BS

of course i having the problem and not too worried about it, i sure would like that Apple let people have a Bumper for free

You have spent much more than $200.

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
this is just like the iphone power adaptor problem, since its not working they should send free bumpers to all iphone 4 customers

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
Hopefully we get a fix tomorrow. This is getting rather annoying... I wasn't even trying to hold my phone wrong tonight, and it couldn't even find a signal. I can even see a cell tower from my house...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.