Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How long will you wait for the white iPhone 4?

• I already preordered a black one instead

Votes: 167 42.9%
  • I'll give it till the end of June

Votes: 44 11.3%
  • I have time, I'll wait until the end of July

Votes: 72 18.5%
  • As long as it takes. White is the only color I'm interested in.

Votes: 105 27.0%

• Total voters

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
Nah. Think I'll stay, unless this nonsense continues. This thread is in fact titled "waiting to get the white iphone 4", no? Not "waiting and crying..." right? And you did indeed complain about being up at 2AM, more than likely to spend your parents' money no less. And apple isn't causing you to whine incessantly throughout this thread. You are causing yourself to. You just illustrated why you need to grow up--you're still blaming others for the way you feel and act. It starts with your parents, and now it's the corporation you buy things from. Seriously, do you hear yourself? You're still basically complaining about not being able to spend your money! Are things that rough for you?

*facepalm*
Just forget it, man. I really don't want beef. We're here because we're fans of apple products. Just take a second and think if it's really worth the fuss, that's all. I'm waiting on the white phone like the rest of you. But what apple does is out of our control, so just sit tight. There are many people who would be happy to have money to sit on, while they don't have enough to feed their children or afford insane medical bills. I get why you're upset, but you're only working yourself into a frenzy at your own expense. The mighty Apple is gonna sell $h1t regardless. Keep it real, people. :cool:

You "don't want beef" and yet you're the one throwing personal attacks at me? Parents' money? LOL I'm 29 years old and have been paying my own way since 17, 100%, thanks. Not that I need to explain that to you. Also, just for the record, you may think I'm "in a frenzy" lol but seriously, no, I am not. I'm passionate and may express a lot through words, but I'm totally relaxed here and you cannot see that through the internet. Furthermore, a lot more people here have agreed and "+1'd" things I have said than what crap you're spewing. Okay now I'm done. Goodnight. :)

Figbash Acrobat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2009
Alphaville
You "don't want beef" and yet you're the one throwing personal attacks at me? Parents' money? LOL I'm 29 years old and have been paying my own way since 17, 100%, thanks. Not that I need to explain that to you. Also, just for the record, you may think I'm "in a frenzy" lol but seriously, no, I am not. I'm passionate and may express a lot through words, but I'm totally relaxed here and you cannot see that through the internet. Furthermore, a lot more people here have agreed and "+1'd" things I have said than what crap you're spewing. Okay now I'm done. Goodnight. :)

Whatever. Congrats. You win!
Night...

Espo

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2007
NY
I know its unlikely that SJ will respond to e-mails concerning the release of the white iPhone 4, but shouldn't it impact him and tell him 'Oh wait, Maybe I should let them know because they seem concerned' ?

jkozlow3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
I know its unlikely that SJ will respond to e-mails concerning the release of the white iPhone 4, but shouldn't it impact him and tell him 'Oh wait, Maybe I should let them know because they seem concerned' ?

Since when has SJ ever worried about customers being concerned? He owes no one an explanation - he can sell his phones whenever he chooses. This is not going to impact sales in the end anyway. In fact, it will most likely drive sales up overall since there's now a lot more hype/demand than if everyone could just sit back and click "order" from home. Basic psychology.

So no, I don't think Apple is worried at all. Probably quite the opposite.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I'm going to wait for the white iPhone 4. It sucks but that's what I'm looking for.

That's what I'm going to do as well. It makes no sense to me to get a black one if every time I see a white one out in the wild I will be thinking gee, I cudda had a white one if I would have just waited!!!
Plus, I was thinking this may be a blessing in disguise in that there will be a lot more products out for the new formfactor that I will have my choice of, including other Bumper styles and cheaper prices than Apple's.
All good things come to those who wait. ;)

zachg

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2010
White iPhone on launch day!

I just talked to my buddy at work and his mom works for AT&T. She told him that if he gives her his money she will buy him the white iPhone 4 on launch day. So according to her the iPhone 4 will be available on June 24th. There might be hope.

mabazzaba

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
I just talked to my buddy at work and his mom works for AT&T. She told him that if he gives her his money she will buy him the white iPhone 4 on launch day. So according to her the iPhone 4 will be available on June 24th. There might be hope.

I personally think (&hope) there are gonna be some white ones on launch, but is your buddy the type of buddy who would possibly just say this to sound cool? Pardon me if I've offended you in any way, but I could see someone doing that back at my old high school.

zachg

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2010
White iPhone 4 on launch day

No he really wants to wait for about a month just to see if there are any problems with the phone. I dont think he is just saying it to be cool. I just thought I would share it with people. It sucks because we wont actually know until the launch day. I wonder if we reserved a black one, if in fact they do have some white ones, we could swap when we pick up the reserved black phone.

cowsrus

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2008
No he really wants to wait for about a month just to see if there are any problems with the phone. I dont think he is just saying it to be cool. I just thought I would share it with people. It sucks because we wont actually know until the launch day. I wonder if we reserved a black one, if in fact they do have some white ones, we could swap when we pick up the reserved black phone.

If they let people with a reserved black pick out white before those waiting in the line with no reservations I will lose so much respect for Apple, more than just not having white on launch

also, unless your friends mom is really high up on the AT&T food chain, she doesnt know more than anyone here and is just hoping they will have them

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
I just got off of the phone with a Radio Shack rep and he asked if I wanted to reserve it in black or white. While I'm wanting to get black anyways, it's odd that he still asked me. He is expecting white to also come in, or is just making an assumption. Considering it's not available for pre-order direct from Apple online, I'm assuming white will be released later.

RTiii320

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2008
Long Beach, CA
in the same boat as many, I would LOVE a white one but if they aren't any available on that launch day, there is no way i'm going to wait in line for hours and leave without an iphone. White or Black.

kizersoze83

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
Denver, CO
Hope for white at Radioshack

I just got off of the phone with a Radio Shack rep and he asked if I wanted to reserve it in black or white. While I'm wanting to get black anyways, it's odd that he still asked me. He is expecting white to also come in, or is just making an assumption. Considering it's not available for pre-order direct from Apple online, I'm assuming white will be released later.

I just called my local radioshack and asked what they were doing for launch day, if they were getting white, pre-orders etc. She told me they weren't doing pre-orders (most already knew that) but they were taking a waiting list. I asked how many were on it and she said 9!! I am now on the list. She had no idea if they would be getting white, but since I was the first to ask about white I will get one if they arrive on launch day! No waiting in line for two weeks with the hopes of white...give it a shot:D:D:D:D:D

kizersoze83

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
Denver, CO
I just called my local radioshack and asked what they were doing for launch day, if they were getting white, pre-orders etc. She told me they weren't doing pre-orders (most already knew that) but they were taking a waiting list. I asked how many were on it and she said 9!! I am now on the list. She had no idea if they would be getting white, but since I was the first to ask about white I will get one if they arrive on launch day! No waiting in line for two weeks with the hopes of white...give it a shot:D:D:D:D:D

Update: I just called another local Radioshack and got on the waiting list there too. I am number 5 at this store. I think this might be a great way to get the phone on launch day without much hassle. Good luck!

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
For what it's worth, I was one of the users who pre-ordered at 16 GB white at Best Buy (knowing the rumor that they wouldn't be available).

I was #6 on the number of preorders total at the time when I completed mine, and I just called today and asked about my pre-order. I said I heard the rumor that white iP4's would not be available on launch day, and presumably for some time after and I was wondering if it would effect my pre-order or if I could change it to black so I wouldn't be stuck without a phone.

She said yes it's certainly possible, took my name, switched my paper to black and said no problem, we'll still set up a time on the 24th and you can come in and pick up a black one "because we will definitely not be receiving white."

ToddFSU

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
Geneva, IL
Made a picture. Making pictures help me deal with difficult situations. :)

Rk42L.jpg

featel

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2010
iphone 5

my 16 GB 3G is working just fine, I'm in no rush to go out and get a phone that I know I really don't want...

I'll wait for the white even if it takes months...

Good things come to those who wait ;-)

i bet that by the time that the iPhone 4 white will come they would have finished making the iphone 5 :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.