Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMacDaddy1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2016
Merica!
So the "Known Folders" option is not there like they said. Maybe in the final release? Once they get this going, I will stop using iCloud drive for anything but photos sync.

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
What about Teams
It's basically just about recompiling it or upgrading their Electron framework.
The first Apple Silicon SDKs became available in June 2020, and they have the luxury to be able to have some of the best programmers in the world.

At this point, they're just being lazy, honestly.

Or are they afraid Teams will run better on the Mac than on PCs ? Because it runs like a pig on a PC. Even using the macOS Portrait Mode through Teams is so much better than using the Teams blurry background feature.

Aggedor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
I don't see that Apple Silicon update in my OneNote prefs, and I'm on the Insider Program. My OneDrive version is also older:

Screenshot 2021-12-08 at 15.48.51.png

ingambe

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2020
Teams is in need of some serious work. If Microsoft plans on keeping it in their Office toolbox, they need to burn that thing down and start over.
I fell the same
An electron app for videoconference software is not the brightest idea IMO; this stuff is too demanding.

I have edge installed on my laptop just to use Teams. The rosetta app is the only one that can warm my M1 Pro

randyharris

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2006
Here is the link, direct from Microsoft if you dont want to wait for it to be made available to you.
OneDrive Universal Link
Thanks for that, I had OneDrive 21.215.1114.0001 and the Microsoft Updater wouldn't get anything newer, I had the option shown on the first post for "Get pre-release Microsoft internal updates", but not the button down below about Apple Silicon builds.

I had a memory leak issue with the Intel build, hoping this native app fixes that problem.

maternidad

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2021
Lol, running Monterey on two of my Mac's, Apple has its fair share of crappy code. We have 20+ 14inch Macbooks at work all with that track pad issue and unfortunately most of those are executive employees that want a fix RFN.
Hi Mac Daddy. No software released by Apple is as bad as Teams.

Thanks,
Maternidad

• Love
Reactions: throAU

acousticbiker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2008
Thanks! I downloaded and it's up and running.

- Looks like it defaults to Files On-Demand without the choice to have all files locally (while my files were all local with the Intel version, seeing clouds next to everything in Finder and decreased storage occupied by documents in About My Mac confirms the local versions have been removed)
- Even though I don't otherwise want to be part of Insiders, I imagine it best to leave on to be able to get updates (otherwise, I wouldn't get any updates until the official release version)

Gatto37

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2016
OneDrive cpu usage is ridiculously high. From time to time my 2018 MacBook air heats up pretty bad, ans on maximum. Hope this issue will be eliminated.

aknabi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2011
This puts pressure on DropBox, if they want to keep customers moving onto M1
They should rename themselves to "Dropball"... like MS they know they don't have to step up their game and their base will continue to pay (I'm part of that lemming base that's part of the problem... the inertia to move is too high... maybe during the holiday can migrate)

Reactions: iBluetooth

kalafalas

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2008
California
Thanks! I downloaded and it's up and running.

- Looks like it defaults to Files On-Demand without the choice to have all files locally (while my files were all local with the Intel version, seeing clouds next to everything in Finder and decreased storage occupied by documents in About My Mac confirms the local versions have been removed)
- Even though I don't otherwise want to be part of Insiders, I imagine it best to leave on to be able to get updates (otherwise, I wouldn't get any updates until the official release version)
I am running the ASi version and have the option to disable files on demand

acousticbiker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2008
I am running the ASi version and have the option to disable files on demand
I wonder whether I'm missing how to do it. I can't remember what the preference selection looked like on the intel version but this is what I see on the AS version:

1638991426419.png

mikeyhd

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2011
Canada
personally found sync much faster, I have 2 one drive, 1 personal 1 from the office

The process to determine what file to sync is much faster

dottdirtt

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2018
I wonder whether I'm missing how to do it. I can't remember what the preference selection looked like on the intel version but this is what I see on the AS version:

View attachment 1925158
just to say that my intel version looked like that before I moved to silicon. In finder you can still right click and select Always Keep on This Device so I don't get why the options for files on demand has changed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.