Microsoft Says Its New Surface Book 2 is Twice as Powerful as Latest MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 17, 2017.

1. xWhiplash macrumors 65816

I just searched, I do not see macOS listed when I look for drivers for my GTX 1080 Ti.

2. Jack Burton macrumors 6502

Jack Burton

3. Jodiuh macrumors 6502

That’s what I meant by the 1060 comment. Having both a real GPU and a real quad ~ cooling nightmare for a notebook. I wouldn’t be surprised if both throttle quite easily.

The New cpu runs @ 2ghz vs 3ghz for kaby lake. Also, the reviews have been less than great.

4. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

5. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

Yes some impressive numbers coming out if you like that sort of thing :D

Outside of price which is arguably offset by not having to buy a dumber tablet running a mobile OS certainly it seems a more complete and balanced mobile solution for both creatives and other professions, including technical ones

I guess we could gripe that it does not support 2x4k for the very few that require this and even less that have more external monitors. However in the W10 world this sort of connectivity is mute with far superior and cheaper options via desktops than any laptop.

Lets not confuse bragging rights on desktop only connectivity with practical solutions for mobile professionals the SB2 ticks all the right boxes where it counts

For the same majority user group (85%) of MBP who are just normal users, outside of OS preference, for a normal household requiring mixed use the SB2 is far more natively versatile

6. Leguna24 macrumors member

And that doesn't mean anything.

7. AndyMacAndMic, Nov 19, 2017 at 1:01 AM
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017 at 1:50 AM

AndyMacAndMic macrumors member

AndyMacAndMic

Why? Only because you say so? At least give a reason.

8. Bacillus macrumors 65816

Bacillus

The tragedy about the SurfaceBook is that it is the greatest idea as of lately in terms of convergence, but a halfbaken implementation.
    Leaving soo much opportunity for Apple - that it brutally ignores.

9. Tech198 macrumors G4

Twice as powerful can also mean "twice the problems" Microsoft has had their fair share of issues with green screen and an update needed.