Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What kind of milk?

• Vitamin D

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • 2%

Votes: 52 24.8%
  • Low-Fat

Votes: 25 11.9%
  • Skim Milk

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • Soy

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Chocolate Milk

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • None

Votes: 23 11.0%

• Total voters

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Whole milk preferably, 2% if it's the only stuff available.

I work in a café/ice cream shop and prefer my milk in coffee, frozen into ice cream or in a milkshake. :D We have ice cream made locally in small batches from local dairies...it's delicious. Ice cream made from Guernsey 'golden' milk is especially good. The higher butterfat content the better! :)

They sell 'raw' milk in Connecticut, however I would never buy it for anyone other than my cat. I milked cows and drank warm fresh milk a number of times when I was little, which was fun and a totally different experience from store bought milk.

My family is Swiss and I've picked up the appreciation for dairy products...cheese, yogurt, rich milk and crème fraîche... delicious. :)

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
I selected "other" only because we normally have 1%, but I don't mind 2% or heavier.

I usually enjoy creamy foods (especially full fat cheeses, yogurts, and of course butter :p), but I've decided that whole milk just isn't worth the calories and fat. I'd rather save my calories for something more substantial (like cheese, yogurt, or butter :p).

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I don't really drink milk... I drink orange juice for calcium. I only drink milk from the cereal bowl :D

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
New York
I don't drink normal milk, I only use it in cereal. I get maybe a tiny 16oz container of milk a week, and sometimes don't even use all of that.

I drink soy milk though. Delicious.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
full fat all the way...

Sometimes my mum brings back unprocessed milk from work (a farm), which is lovely, but sadly goes off after a day or two...

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I don't know what the flaming hell 2% is but I tend to drink full fat milk. Goes fantastic with M&S cereal, yummm.

Never met a person in real life who drinks Soy milk. Is that more a US thing? I've seen it once or twice in shops here.
Semi Skimmed seems to be the more popular one round about where I live.

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
I don't know what the flaming hell 2% is but I tend to drink full fat milk. Goes fantastic with M&S cereal, yummm.

Never met a person in real life who drinks Soy milk. Is that more a US thing? I've seen it once or twice in shops here.
Semi Skimmed seems to be the more popular one round about where I live.

I think?!

1% = Skimmed (white water basically)
2% = Semi Skimmed or green top milk from our dairy/milkman

I only drink Semi Skimmed and it has to be fresh AND cold!! :)

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
I toned down on the dairy consumption so I use soy milk when eating cereal. Great decision because that vanilla silk tastes great with frosted flakes.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I think?!

1% = Skimmed (white water basically)
2% = Semi Skimmed or green top milk from our dairy/milkman

I only drink Semi Skimmed and it has to be fresh AND cold!! :)
Not quite.

>3% - whole
2% - reduced Fat
1.5% - semi-skimmed
1% - low fat
<1% - skimmed/fat-free

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
1% "moo cow **** milk" (for any Lewis Black fans hereabouts.) :D

But, I pay the not-little extra, and get the "true-filtered"/"pure-filtered" stuff. Tastes like 2%, or even better. :cool: Use it in my coffee too, just a little more than with cream.

Go through 4 litres every 8 days or so.

DarkHeraldMage

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Currently drink only skim milk, but have had all of the above throughout my life. Grew up on whole, drank chocolate almost exclusively during elementary school, moved to 2% during college, 1% when I graduated and started working out, and skim now that my workouts are more intense and calorie watching is more precise. I don't mind the difference much. I've never truly been one for drinking a glass of milk by itself though, usually only partaking in a bowl of cereal or with a sandwich or some cookies. *shrug* But I do love milk. :cool:

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
What's not to like? :p It's delicious, and I don't even care much for milk.
That's what I find interesting.

To me, milk is white, not chocolate.

The same as a coffee drinker who only drinks their coffee black with nothing added..

Anyhow, glad to see folks like chocolate milk. Just never realized how many do.

gonyr

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2006
Niagara County, NY
Currently drink only skim milk, but have had all of the above throughout my life. Grew up on whole, drank chocolate almost exclusively during elementary school, moved to 2% during college, 1% when I graduated and started working out, and skim now that my workouts are more intense and calorie watching is more precise. I don't mind the difference much. I've never truly been one for drinking a glass of milk by itself though, usually only partaking in a bowl of cereal or with a sandwich or some cookies. *shrug* But I do love milk. :cool:

Almost exactly what I've done, at the same time frames, too. Only difference is that mine was more for weight loss reasons. I think the biggest transition was going from 2% to 1% - that took some getting used to. Going from 1% to skim, I didn't really notice a difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.