Mini Updated, Mac Pro Ignored!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Orange™, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Orange™ macrumors 6502

:rolleyes:

Well, maybe this means that the next Mac Pro will have an HDMI cable too.:p

2. TheLOGICalone macrumors regular

Way to stay positive, however I'm f***ing pissed, i mean ATLEAST DROP THE PRICE, WTF!

3. Ravich macrumors 6502a

Wouldnt a price drop suggest that the update was a long way off?

4. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

The rumor all along is that the hexacore Xeons would not be available until late June. Still time left. I think the fact that Apple redesigned and released the Mac Mini in the midst of iPhone mania bodes well for a new Mac Pro in the next couple to few weeks.

5. parakiet macrumors regular

we alrdy got that one

6. Labaguette macrumors regular

7. the editor macrumors regular

well its all speculation from here, no MacPro release but a MacMini release could mean a few things:

1. CPU intel shortage as said before.
    2. MacPro is a long way from being ready, but i'm guessing there will be a new design, we can be pretty sure about that i think since they gave the MacMini a new makeover, MacPro might be a bit smaller in size.
    3. The French rumor that MP' isn't going to be released untill the end of september - October.
    4. There is just not going to be a MacPro update in 2010.

8. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

I've got my fingers crossed ;)

9. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

This has continually been proven false. The parts are available, it's Apple's move.

10. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

11. keewe macrumors member

12. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

I for one have been among the doubters about Apple's intentions for the amc pro but with this 'silent' update i have som erenewed hope...

I think that the Mac Pro will see a 'silent' update in the coming weeks.

13. telequest macrumors regular

Good news

At least this confirms that Apple still cares about Macs, even a "headless" desktop Mac – albeit a tiny one. Anything that sustains/expands the universe of machines running the MacOS is a good thing for Mac Pro users (current or prospective). Not every new or updated product runs the iOS. And it shows that there are active engineering teams at Apple not solely devoted to creating portable devices.

It also demonstrates that Apple will continue to release low-profile products (ones without lots of "magic" buzz flying around them) silently, without fanfare, without regard to any specific public event. They'll hit the Apple Store when they're ready to ship – no sooner, no later – even in the middle of the latest iPhone, iPad or iWhatever launch.

So yeah, the wait for the new MP is a pain, but I think this helps to show that we're getting there.

14. ildondeigiocchi macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

The waiting times for a Mac Pro update are getting out of hand. Simply put, it's ridiculous. They better have great options when they're released... especially in the GPU sector.

15. the editor macrumors regular

the question is not if Apple is still continuing or interested in releasing a new MacPro. without a doubt there is ofcourse going to be a new MP in the future...the question is "
    When" will we be seeing a new MP, and when will Apple be a bit more customer friendly and stop being so damned paranoid when it comes to official statements on upcoming releases. Its not as if Apple is still the major player when it comes to Computers...everybody knows Macs are far behind the competition...really far, one would think Apple would try to secure there position by being a bit more straight to the point instead of having customers frustrated because they can not plan very expensive purchases or have customers hijacked because they couldn't leave the platform if they wished to because of software investments...nothing left to do but wait and look out for an update that is most likely going to be a rip off anyway. Look at the MacMini "upgrade" it coasts 1150Euro's:eek: ...keep it up Apple your only destroying your own business, in 5 years from now these silly out of control prices and minor upgrades aren't going to cut it, heck at this pace in 5 years from now i expect Macs to still run on 2013 technology.

To be honost Apple should just focus on Itoys instead of computers for pro's, i think its proven that the only thing Pro in a Mac Pro or Macbook Pro is the word "Pro", by today's standards all these machines are pretty much basic setups.

16. rnauman821 macrumors member

... Why would they change their business model if it clearly works. Their stock has never been higher and they have never sold more units before. Your logic falls completely against any business reason.

Apple keeps their lips tight as part of their selling strategy. People obsess over the idea of a new product coming out that when apple finally does release it, everyone and their mother pulls the trigger on impulse. Honestly though, it works and it works well.

And no, Apple usually doesn't have the absolute fastest or biggest anything. But, this also means they don't see the falling out when the latest or greatest has bugs or problems. Their build quality is top notch it almost everything they make is pleasing aesthetically.

The reason prosumers stick with Apple despite their shortcomings is sheer lack of competition. Apple makes a superior software product in OSX (more debatable now that Win7 is here). They don't use cheap plastics or poor engineering in their products which means I can count on my machine to last me. This idea in the general personal computer industry is unused. Most companies but apple product a product at absolute bottom dollar with razor thin margins. However quality suffers because of this and creates poor customer interactions with the product stamped with their name all over it. Make it right the first time and if it takes a little more, charge a little more. In the end people will be happier and much more loyal; this is the focus Apple has used for years and will for the foreseeable future.

17. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

18. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Here's a more accurate way to look at it. Mini updated, Mac Pro NEXT. :rolleyes:

19. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

The way things are going, the Air, TV, imac and usb cables will get upgrades before the MP. I've officially lost all hope for a summer update. In any case it's just as well they didn't go live today because the store is impossible to get an order through right now because of the iphone pre-orders.

20. Tonytownsend macrumors member

Ha watch it will be the Air

21. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

I think its a good thing they updated mini; it shows that just because no mac were shown at WWDC, it does not mean it's not far away. This means that the game is still going, and next tuesday could be it.

22. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I have a feeling the iMac is next before the Mac Pro.

23. the editor macrumors regular

it clearly doesn't work, look at the last year Apple is getting more and more negative feedback from customer, especially on the updates. the way apple is doing business is just ripping people off. I could tell you a few stories about Apples ridiculous policy's and way of doing business but i'm sure they are very easy to find surfing the web.

The only reason Apple is selling so much is because its a hype, point blank. it has nothing to do with providing the best quality there is for customers or best customer care. the thing with hypes is that they don't last that long.

Looks as if 80% of Apples customers got there head up Jobs *$s

What a load of crap, next your going to tell me Macs are bug free? I had my fair share of crashes and bugs with mac computers as-well as windows systems. the "Mac is the best" is getting old.

i got to agree that everything they make is pleasing aesthetically...but what good is a Ferrari with a Toyota engine, In other words, why would you by something that looks good but lacks performance, especially when your paying an extreme lot of money for it.

24. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Oh God, car metaphors already?

In any case, I think this is good news. It shows Apple is not only still interested, but HOLY &%*$*% %&^* the new Mini has an awesome case! I'm really looking forward to the MP update now. Just gonna be another few weeks.

25. Vylen macrumors 65816

Each person has their own experiences with a Mac...

My iMac was recently crashing (good ol' kernel panics) but I bothered to read the error log after the 5th crash (heheh) and it was a 3rd party driver. Got no problems now.

Also.. this supposed increase of complaints/negative feedback from customers. Well, I don't think this is unusual at all. With an increase in sales of Apple hardware, it would be in fact weird if there was no increase of negative feedback.