Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I like the way it looks now!!! Anyhow, it's a fantastic car as is... very few other cars can even compete w/ it-- w/out getting a bunch of bolt ons and other mods.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Eh

jelloshotsrule said:
what's up with the grey/black part in front?
It seems to be quite popular to have that bulky front and center look lately-- the new Audis, VWs, even pick up trucks sport that. I don't particularly like it. But it seems to be catching on.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Holy f***...... :eek:

<rebreathing>

Ah, Better. They managed to make it look less boy-racerish but still very aggressive. That grille is reminiscent of the new Audis, and the headlights have a hint of the old Galant in them, at least from the front quarter angle.

I'll be in the market for a new car in about 2 years so maybe this will offer some competition to the Audi's, BMWs and Scooby WRXs I was planning on checking out. I had mainly ignored the Evo due to it's over-the top looks for a daily driver (ticket magnet).

Studawg7

macrumors regular
May 15, 2004
Cville, VA
awesome, that looks pretty cool. is it mitsubishi that is giving away a years worth of gas for new cars now? i thought i saw something like that on TV the other night.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
No longer logging into MR
devilot76 said:
It seems to be quite popular to have that bulky front and center look lately-- the new Audis, VWs, even pick up trucks sport that. I don't particularly like it. But it seems to be catching on.
I'm with you on the front. I can't quite figure out what is so great about it, sort of like I can't quite figure out what is so great about the Honda Element or the H2.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Meh, dull looking thing really. I appreciate what the Evo's do but have never liked the styling.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
The new front end, specifically the lights, looks pretty sweet and less race-like or something....better for the street.

As much as I prefer the professional styling an Audi or BMW gives, I can't get over the TopGear test of this puppy in "tripod" mode, simply awesome that it can do that :D

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
No longer logging into MR
Sdashiki said:
Its a Mitsubishi, nuf said.

if you like them, youll think I was being nice.
if you dont, youll think I was being an ass.

your choice.
Whatever that means.... Is this something a teenager would understand? I mean Mitsubishi also makes the Lancer, and it's no hot car. What does "Its [sic] a Mitsubishi, nuf said." mean?

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
belvdr said:
My neighbor has a beatiful blue 2003 Evo. Very nice, although the fart cannon style muffler is a little much at 6am.
But that cannon and sponsor-style stickers each add 10hp, so he needs them :rolleyes:

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
efoto said:
But that cannon and sponsor-style stickers each add 10hp, so he needs them :rolleyes:
The exhaust (which would probably only be a tip, not even true exhaust) adds 50 hp while each and every decal adds another 50 hp. Geeze efoto, get the specs straight!

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
wrc fan said:
new Focus[/url] design and the Citroën C4 WRC car.
Ford have missed a trick with the Focus ST... underpowered and crippled by FWD, Ford should have done the right thing and resurrected the Cosworth name, with 4WD and 300+bhp.

jeffy.dee-lux

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
montreal
iGav said:
Ford have missed a trick with the Focus ST... underpowered and crippled by FWD, Ford should have done the right thing and resurrected the Cosworth name, with 4WD and 300+bhp.

ya, the ST looks pretty sweet, but it really should be AWD. I think the 220hp or whatever it is would probably be enough for me though.

This EVO looks viscious. I like it a lot. I'm all about the gaping grills. Not so much just big grills, like the 300 or the new audi grill, but the ones that really look like a gaping mouth, about to swallow that happy little VW bug.

I always thought the Shelby Cobra would make an excellent car for the villain in a herby movie.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
devilot76 said:
The exhaust (which would probably only be a tip, not even true exhaust) adds 50 hp while each and every decal adds another 50 hp. Geeze efoto, get the specs straight!
What was I thinking!? How could I have forgotten specs like that :rolleyes:

At least on an Evo that fart-can of an exhaust is more than likely performance based, probably stock even. I hate it when you see the stupid little ricer cars running around where all they did was stick a 4in. tip on their .75in. piping. When they start running 3-4in. header-back or turbo-back exhaust full, and actually kick out decent numbers instead of wanna-be decent sound, well then they might gain slight respect, maybe.

I prefer another breed however. Go German autos, oh yeah :D

Status
Not open for further replies.