Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Are you guys saying that if I apply the Carrier Update that I will get MMS without all that changing text plans nonsense?

You shouldn't have to do any of that "nonsense." All the "nonsense" was being done by people trying to get MMS unofficially. I'd just like to hear about "anyone" getting MMS officially from AT&T. and I'd love to get the message that started this post, so I might feel like there's some light at the end of the MMS tunnel nightmare....lol!

beeph

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2009
There is no icon for MMS. The OS 3.0 update changed the SMS to "Messages." Once you get the carrier update and you click on "Messages" you should have MMS inside "Messages".

Yeah the little image below is the icon i was talking about.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 700

beeph

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2009
You're kidding, right? Call AT&T??? Talk to someone in India or wherever who knows nothing...lol? I'm not saying Indians don't know anything, just Indians working for AT&T! Or should that be anyone who works for AT&T?

You could always call AT&T's after-hours support in the U.S.

DaGreat01

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Ok maybe you will only use it wile "waiting for the next train" but who wants tethering for like 10 mins? Its stupid. And i talked to a lot of ATT reps that said that THEY WILL know if you are tethering and that YOU WILL get billed.

So i guess we'll just have to see in July if we see a billion threads that have a subject of "MY ATT BILL!!!", "I THOUGHT TETHERING WAS FREE!!!", and "MY ***** TETHERING BILL!!!":p

entity

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Detroit, MI
Update: After I applied the updated carrier file the MMS options appeared. But like everyone else that didn't call, I got the red ! :[.

Therefore, that text has nothing to do with any MMS rollout.

SeanZy

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
Update: After I applied the updated carrier file the MMS options appeared. But like everyone else that didn't call, I got the red ! :[.

Which updated carrier file did you apply?

Go to Settings>General>About and what does it say for "Carrier"

Cuz you could have 5.0 which means that you have the old beta one which everyone used to get the icon.

LePigeonBleu

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
San Diego

Therefore, that text has nothing to do with any MMS rollout.

AT&T FAILED.

Guess we will have to just wait.

Has anyone tried calling to see about this message?

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
I have no option in iTunes to update my carrier settings. Nor do I have any icon in sms on either my 3G S or 3G on 3.0 jailbroke.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.