Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you ask your friend to cover the repair cost?

• Total voters

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
TL;DR

Simply put, "you break it, you bought it". No need for hand wringing... just make him pay. It he's a true friend, he will feel bad enough and should have at least offered.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Simply put, "you break it, you bought it". No need for hand wringing... just make him pay. It he's a true friend, he will feel bad enough and should have at least offered.
He did offer if you read the post before yours.

To the op I think that was a sensible decision. Friends are harder to come by than iPhones.
Enjoy your new iPhone 7. I know I will!

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Xenden

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2013
Rio Rancho, NM
I have a story like this, but funnier.

My friend and I were in the car, I was driving and we were goofing around. I forget the exact order of events, but what happened was, I had twisted my friends arm. He took my phone (2g) and was threatening to eat it unless I let go of his arm. We were at a stalemate, until I hit a bump and he accidentally bit down on the phone.

He said ow ow ow, and I was like "OMG are you okay?" He said he was bleeding but no chipped tooth. I made sure we didn't need to go the the dentist or ER. When I was sure he was okay. I tried to strangle him.

Unfortunately, I didn't know that apple could fix screens, since this was the first iPhone model and all.

I wouldn't expect my friend to pay to fix my phone since we were both at fault.

In your instance, I'd hope he'd step up and offer to help pay for it, but at the end of the day, it is just money.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.