Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Curious what the black will look like - hopefully the bands won't be contrasting against the slate. It's growing on me this design.. I thought the bands were cutouts for glass but not anymore!

I don't understand what people have against the bands. They look fine. I'm not sure about you guys but ill bs looking at the front of my iPhone 6 most of the time, not the back.

sza

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2010
I am still wondering why the width of the band on the back cover is designed to be this thick...:eek:

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Close but I'm guessing Jony would never use the word "plastic" to describe anything Apple makes - whether it's plastic or not.

Huh? In the 5C video he said called it "unapologetically plastic".

Wiesenlooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
iphone6_rearshell_hq112.jpg

Are those really colored? looks pretty plain white to me

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Maybe when I see it in front of me in person I'll like it. However, from these leaked photos it doesn't look too good to me. Also, a single speaker seems to be a step down from the two speakers on the iPhone 5S -- but I like the bigger screen.

eurotek

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
iphone 6

a new report from well-sourced Japanese news agency Nikkei says the actual iPhone 6 and iPhone phablet’s antenna designs will differ dramatically from the mockups that have been floating around for months.

According to the report, the markings on leaked schematics that iPhone 6 model makers have used to place these plastic inserts are actually designations for areas that will be completely covered by glass, just as the top and bottom of the iPhone 5s case feature glass inserts. This would obviously completely change the look of the phone compared to what we have seen thus far.

X-X

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2014
I'm not sure about you guys but ill bs looking at the front of my iPhone 6 most of the time, not the back.

Since aluminum is very easily scratched (way easier than the front glass) I always put my phone face down on the table.
Also prevents people from looking at incoming messages or calls.

So I always look at the back of my iPhone.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Since aluminum is very easily scratched (way easier than the front glass) I always put my phone face down on the table.
Also prevents people from looking at incoming messages or calls.

So I always look at the back of my iPhone.

Put a case on it. Then you can place it face up and not have to look at your screen. I also don't care if other people see my messages. Nothing to hide.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I don't understand what people have against the bands. They look fine. I'm not sure about you guys but ill bs looking at the front of my iPhone 6 most of the time, not the back.

That plus 99% of iPhone users have their phone in a case. The only time the see the back is the 2 seconds before the case goes on. I'm not wild about the bands but ultimately, I just don't care. It's not going on my wall. I'd rather have a phone w/ bands that gets good reception than one w/o with spotty reception.

ianKent

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2014
If these bands light up for reasons such as notifications, then I'm ok with it. Very TRON-like.

Populism

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
I have a non-rhetorical question for anyone who is genuinely bothered by the bands:

Will you likely have a case on it that covers/hides the rear shell? If so, help me understand the issue then. I'm sincerely interested.

Sometimes I read these threads and think I must be the only one of the 250 people who have responded who uses a case that covers/hides the rear shell.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
I am not CRAZY about the look of the back but as long as 5.5 inch screen size, how back looks is not a HUGE factor.

I still wish it didn't have that stupid band but I am still going for 5.5 even w/ this looking back.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
Maybe when I see it in front of me in person I'll like it. However, from these leaked photos it doesn't look too good to me. Also, a single speaker seems to be a step down from the two speakers on the iPhone 5S -- but I like the bigger screen.

The iPhone 5s has also only one speaker. Every iPhone has just one speaker. On the other side of the lightning connector is always the microphone.

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
I'll preface this comment with the fact that I'll still be buying this phone but I really hate the back. If the lines were just straight across, I suppose I'd like it more, but the fact that they wrap up (or down depending on if your looking at the top or bottom) makes it look terrible.

Can anyone really say the back of this phone looks better than the one M8?

currentinterest

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
When the actual phone is released, it will look beautiful, bands or no bands. If they are wide, then there is a very good reason for it.

Shirke

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2013
Don't worry about antenna bands on back ones you put protective case you won't even noticed it.

prowlmedia

Suspended
Jan 26, 2010
London
Well, he wrote it, that’s kind of implied since it’s subjective. :)

Looks great to me too. :cool: I really dig on the bands, I’ve mentioned this before, I think it’s an interesting design aesthetic that’s also likely very functional.

True this is the internet after all... every sentence would start or end with IMO.

Defintiely looks better with the slight colouration IMO. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.