More interested in iOS 5 than iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cod3rror, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Anybody else with me?

I know pretty much what iPhone 5 is going to be, however more than iPhone 5 I'm interested in iOS 5. Very interested in it.

So the real big event for me is in April, and then June is a nice dessert! :D

2. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

Agreed. iPhone 5 will be interesting but I'm not planning in upgrading.

3. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

I'm exactly the same, iOS 5 is what interests me the most. Although I will be upgrading to iPhone 5 anyway.

Just hope Apple will implement some of the features that's been widely talked about in so many of the posts in the forum ie. better notification system and lock screen information.

4. jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

I won't be upgrading my iP4 so iOS 5 is the only thing I am looking forward to. I love iOS 4, but I do think some changes need to be made. Fingers crossed.

5. ap3604 macrumors 68000

What type of random question is this? :confused:

Of course for anyone that isn't upgrading then the iPhone 5 isn't that big of a deal...

What is there to discuss? :confused:

6. Che Castro macrumors 603

I already have everything that the iOS 5 is going to have

With a jailbroken iPhone

Im waiting for the iphone 5

7. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Well, can't you say the same thing about iOS 5?
    We all have a vague idea of what both will be.

I can't wait for both, no use choosing which excites me more.

8. TimShady macrumors member

I'm excited for iOS 5 also. Just got the iPhone 4 last month on Verizon so no upgrading hardware for me. I just hope Apple releases it to the CDMA iPhone at the same time instead of screwing around like with 4.3.

9. jt2ga65 macrumors regular

If iPhone 5 does not support 4G/LTE, then I'll likely be sticking with my 3GS... But I really don't see how Apple could be so stupid not to support LTE at this point. They will really be loosing market share to Google devices if that is the case. The dual-core HTC phones will also be out this summer, and Motorola is ready to release theirs in the next month or so... Both will support 4G.

I don't know what IOS5 will have, but I can't really say that there is much I am missing... At least not much that AT&T would let me have anyways.

-jt2

10. Cod3rror thread starter macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Even for people upgrading, IMO iOS 5 is more interesting.

11. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

If the iPhone 5 has a metal back and a larger screen I may be tempted to sell my 3GS. Not really excited for iOS 5 otherwise as I will be getting a crappy watered down version. Thats the main thing I like about android: even the G1 gets the latest updates through the XDA community.

12. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I'm looking forward to iOS 5, but I'm not sure how much of an improvement we'll see.

13. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Yes I agree, we are getting to the point where CPU power and a lot of that stuff is going to be overkill unless we start getting new features to actually use it. I am mainly referring to after we get the a5 dual core in the iPhone , I think apple neeeds to do something like the atrix and be able to dock it to a laptop.

14. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

What if the iPhone 5 has a feature that makes you sammiches and does your laundry? Then you wouldn't have everything that iOS 5 would have.. Don't under estimate what Apple is capable of doing. :)

15. Stein357 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

iPhone 5 won't have LTE.

I'll be rolling my 4 for about a month until I can walk in and get a Verizon 5 so iOS5 is also what I'm more interested in. Plus we already have a good idea of what the iPhone 5 will be and no idea what the next iOS update will bring.

16. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

IMO, I am more excited by the iPhone5

I absolutely love the iPhone4 and enjoy refreshing my phone every year. I can't wait to get a phone with more RAM, more space, and a better antenna

17. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

iPhone 5 for me too. I love my iPhone 4 but I am willing to buy iPhone 5 as soon as it goes on sale. I am not an ipad person so new iphones are for me.

MBA + iPhone = :D :apple:

18. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Both interest me equally.
    Hardware is nothing without software, and vice versa.

Apple really needs to step up the hardware and software to compete.

I'm hoping for iOS 5 to make use of that powerful Dual Core and GPU, and give us a much better experience.
    Biggest thing i'm looking forward to from iOS 5 is a notification system, and a way to turn multitasking on/off along with a 'kill all apps' button.

Hardware-wise, i'm looking forward to a larger screen the most.

19. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

i am anticipating quite an overhaul on how we will use the iOS. new notifications is what everybodys talking about, but i think it will be more efficient multitasking with the introduction of launchpad into the iOS... bringing OS X and iOS one step closer to each other.

20. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

The LTE networks won't be robust enough for another year. There simply is not enough coverage yet. So the premise of lost share to something that does not address the bulk of the market doesn't make a lot of sense. Apple did the same with the original phone and did fine.

Not to mention, I get the sense that the carriers are going to do the same as the cable/satellite companies, charge a premium for the 4g service until it is fully built out.

21. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Almost my thoughts exactly, but was thinking it could dock with an iPad like device. Why pay twice for CPU's etc. when the iPhone CPU9(s) can be shared with an iPad? If Apple were serious about being environmentally friendly, there'd be no alternative to such an arrangement.

22. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

I really do hope we get something much better but I fear Apple will be complacent and not recognise the competition when it comes to advancements.

23. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

IMHO option one:

Same phone, same screen size, same OS but with themes, widgets and better notifications, A5 chip and better camera/sensor.

Option two:

Same phone but tweaked antenna band, non-glass back, 3.8" screen, same OS but with themes, widgets and better notifications, A5 chip and better camera/sensor.

I don't think "iOS5" is going to knock anyone's socks off.

24. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

agreed, if people cant plug there phone into their PC and click "jailbreak now" for all those themes, widgets, and notifications then why would they be excited when/if apple released those features?

25. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I just hope they give us more versatile notifications!