Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As we approach the iPhone release (8 days away), there have been increasing reports of iPhone sightings. We can never be sure about the legitimacy of these reports or photos, so they are provided for interest's sake. This shot was reportedly taken at an airport:

iphonell_300.jpg

Portions have been blurred and scaled to protect the individual's privacy. The increase in sightings could be due to one claim that individuals lucky enough to have an iPhone at this early date are now permitted to use them in public.

An earlier photo which had made the rounds showed someone using the iPhone on a train.

Finally, a first-hand report was posted to our iPhone forums, in which the author claims to have used the iPhone himself.

macjaeh

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2007
oh boy

I hope that's a photo of me in the future. except not like 50 years in the future.

Cindynjgirl79

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2007
New Jersey
did anyone notice how the ear buds aren't plugged in to the same spots? the old pic (top)has them plugged in at the top and the new pic (bottom) are plugged in at the bottom. top one maybe a video iPod?

Attachments

• 545103004_27387b07fc.jpg
    545103004_27387b07fc.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 588
  • iphonell_300.jpg
    iphonell_300.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 6,098

PoitNarf

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2007
Northern NJ
did anyone notice how the ear buds aren't plugged in to the same spots? the old pic (top)has them plugged in at the top and the new pic (bottom) are plugged in at the bottom. top one maybe a video iPod?

Look closer, the 2nd one has the miniplug going into the top of the iPhone. The cord goes behind it which makes it appear it's coming out of the bottom. It's just hard to tell because the white cord blends in with the white MacBook.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
UK

The headphones are plugged into the top left on both pictures. On the bottom picture the lead is running behind the iPhone.

elg23

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007

uhhh, they are both in the same spot.. look again

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
Thank God for that - I hate the way they plug into the bottom of the Nano which means I have to unplug them every time I want to dock.

anubis72

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2004
Look closer, the 2nd one has the miniplug going into the top of the iPhone. The cord goes behind it which makes it appear it's coming out of the bottom. It's just hard to tell because the white cord blends in with the white MacBook.

That's a 12" powerbook, not a Macbook. No biggie.

It may have made more sense to put the plug in the bottom, at least in my opinion.

bowzer

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
I had a dream last night I bought the iphone... but it was a toy t-rex dinosaur, with the phone part on his back. I was like, "I dunno why everyone likes these so much, they're not very practical!" hahaha

defiantly a strange one :)

noriyori

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2006
What's blurred out from his macbook screen?

I hope it's wifi syncing!

as it is, the only thing I need to plug in anymore is power and my ipod (thanks to my new Airport extreme)...

hopefully this will fix the power thing sooner or later: wireless power

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
The only thing I don't get is the screen. Where is he on the phone?

Closest thing's I could find on Apple's website were these two:

Picture 1.png
Picture 2.png

8thMan

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2006
My son saw someone using an iPhone in the waiting room at the Palo Alto allergy clinic last week. She let him look at it and he even took a few pictures of it -- said it was "hella sick":confused: .

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
The only thing I don't get is the screen. Where is he on the phone?
The original image is even larger. Looks like some sort of dialog box. The original image 2 mb and I might have to blur out the phone #. I dont' have any image editing tools where I am so I'll post it later tonight.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.