More on Mac OS X Tiger on April 15th

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
7,439
8,502
eWeek provides confirmation that Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) will be released on April 15th, 2005.

Sources told eWEEK.com that Apple plans to make copies of Tiger available in its own retail stores as well as through independent dealers by April 15, with the official announcement of the product coming earlier in the month.
This provides confirmation to a previous report by ThinkSecret indicating the same.

More information on Tiger can be found at Apple.com.
 

d.perel

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2005
204
0
Is this the news we have been waiting for? :D Or is it another missed guess?

Edit: I guess if it is "confirmed" then it must be true, but what will the new other products be?
 

Philsy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2004
628
11
South coast of England
If this was the case, surely Apple would be promoting the fact wildly. It is, after all, only a month away. If I was about to launch a new product I'd be getting new and old customers excited by it.
 

HAViK

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2005
45
0
Riverside, CA
Hmmm... fact or faux or fact or faux or fact...? I sure hope so. Someone buy up my graphics card now so that I can have some cash to run to the apple store on the 15th. =D Time to go on a collection spree from my clients again.
 

tny

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2003
387
11
Washington, DC
Philsy said:
If this was the case, surely Apple would be promoting the fact wildly. It is, after all, only a month away. If I was about to launch a new product I'd be getting new and old customers excited by it.
They have been: via WWDC, via ADC, via the Tiger pages on their website, and possibly via these "leaks" (i.e., it is not unknown for a company to leak information as a form of viral marketing).
 

Philsy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2004
628
11
South coast of England
tny said:
They have been: via WWDC, via ADC, via the Tiger pages on their website, and possibly via these "leaks" (i.e., it is not unknown for a company to leak information as a form of viral marketing).
True, but I'd want to be taking orders at this late stage.
 

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
8,089
4
Sol III - Terra
Macrumors said:
eWeek provides confirmation that Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) will be released on April 15th, 2005.
...
This provides confirmation to a previous report by ThinkSecret indicating the same.
...
I wonder if this is another instance of reporting things found at a rumor site? Is wondering this cyncical of me? Probably, but the thought is there anyway.
 

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
540
0
It's a joke, here's the proof:
as well as through independent dealers
Apple will probably not give Tiger to independent dealers within 2 months after the release... ;)
 

tingkumajique

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2005
6
0
hi... just wondering if anyone could help...

since Tiger is launching soon... does this mean if i buy panther today, i would get a free upgrade coz i just bought mine last week... *ARGH!!!*
 

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
1,813
7
Rochester, NY
tingkumajique said:
hi... just wondering if anyone could help...

since Tiger is launching soon... does this mean if i buy panther today, i would get a free upgrade coz i just bought mine last week... *ARGH!!!*
Wait, if Tiger's launching this soon, why would you bother purchasing Panther only to upgrade weeks later? :confused:
 

zac4mac

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2002
306
2
near Boulder, CO. USA
Bear - "I wonder if this is another instance of reporting things found at a rumor site? Is wondering this cyncical of me? Probably, but the thought is there anyway."

I was thinking the same thing. Also, remember, April 1 is Apple's birthday.
I very strongly believe that Tiger will be out in time for NAB (Apr16-20).

Z
 

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
8,273
4,636
Canada
From people who get developer builds, sounds like Apple are rushing it.

Hope its not a highly buggy initial release.
 

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
2,527
964
Even if this is true, I think I'm going to wait until June to install it, which is when I thought Tiger would ship. From what I've read, Tiger is still buggy, and I don't believe that it'll be ready for prime time this soon.
 

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
4,167
23
Lincoln,UK
thinking 1st april : MY BIRTHDAY lol i know before you all stump in all the fool jokes lol. mmm is it also apple's birthday too ?

i would think we would get a countdown timer anytime soon from apple