Multiple Reviewers Facing Broken Galaxy Fold Devices After Just Days of Use

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 17, 2019.

1. HeadphoneAddict macrumors 6502a

HeadphoneAddict

2. afd macrumors 65816

I can’t think of anything made up until now that can be folded and unfolded without some sort of blemish or minor defect after a while. Paper, cloth, plastic, rubber all show a crease line or start to show fatigue eventually. It’s usually not an issue but I think it’s unrealistic for a Retina display not show some dimes of use after a few folds.

3. Elyzien macrumors member

Elyzien

Bugger off

4. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

That's why the phone is $1,980. Your expectations are much too high :)
    --- Post Merged, Apr 26, 2019 ---
    I expect a beta product to last more than two days. Failure after a few months would be unfortunate but forgivable. Failure after two days means something is seriously wrong with their product development.
    Laptop screens work reasonably well. My old MacBook is eight years now in.mostly daily use, and the screen works fine. And I know it's not the same thing. Books are not opened as often, and they fail eventually.
    To that poster: "Too expensive": Yes, valid criticism. "Ugly": Yes, valid criticism. "Not perfect": No, not valid criticism. However "Broken after two days", that's _damning_.

5. Morgenland, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019

Morgenland Suspended

Morgenland

6. FFR Suspended

FFR

7. GadgetBen Suspended

GadgetBen

Android strokers comment on this article with a false righteous attitude towards freedom and an advancement of technology. Technology is only an advancement if it is ready. This product is not even fit for the R&D department at Apple. Apple R&D probably even have a more functional device to play with!

The leading mobile device manufactures of your Android operating system are being investigated for backdoor links with the Chinese government -and- your devices are more prone to hackers and malware.

But hey, at least you got the leading technology....soon.....maybe. We'll take your money whilst we work on it! :rolleyes:

8. saudade macrumors 6502

saudade

I don’t care i never read other dudes post i just reply and leave. Im reading u months after yours response sorry i dont care dud

9. jonnyb macrumors 65816

OK dud