here is the link for a picture -
wait
there is some info up on there and can be read, i'll post another pic later
but it's gone. i'm so unhappy :(

but my dad is gettin me a new one, on it's way :D :p

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Awww -- that's sad :(

How did you pay for it? Some premium charge cards have a 30 or 90 day purchase protection policy built in, that pays for loss or damage on stuff you have just bought. Check the details of your plan.

PS: That's a good reason for using a charge card for all major purchases, too.

Comment

wrxguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2005
Deepest Regions of Hell
your lucky to have a nice dad...mine would tell me that i shouldnt' have done that and to save up and buy another one! Must be nice to be under mom and dads financial curtain ;)

Comment

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
That sucks.

Dropped my Powerbook on the floor yesterday. Seems like it survived. Except that maybe the spacebar is acting a little funky, and my heart is still pumping somewhat uneaven.

Comment

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
yeah i know, i was crying for a long time, WORKED ALL SUMMER LONG for it, mowing everyday for 8 hours... all of that destroyed in 10 seconds :( .... but i can't tell the real sotry how it broke, but... my dad is getting me a NEW one :D

so i'm happy, i guess..

we are going to keep the iBook, buy a new screen for it, replace the screen and give it to my brother

Comment

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
wrxguy said:
your lucky to have a nice dad...mine would tell me that i shouldnt' have done that and to save up and buy another one! Must be nice to be under mom and dads financial curtain ;)
Yeah it's nice, but, again, i can't tell how it REALLY happened, but atleast i'm getting a new one.

Comment

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
lol you just want us to beg you for the real story. C'mon just tell us. I promise we'll all laugh at you ;)

Comment

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
Sorry, well i'll tell you one thing, I DIDN'T DO IT ;)

My dad'll kill me if i tell...

Comment

Prelude2Tragedy

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2005
New Jersey
Heres the real story. He was outside on his balcony and wanted some soda so he put it on the railing. When he came back he tripped on the cord and it tumbled over.

Comment

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
lilstewart92 said:
Yeah it's nice, but, again, i can't tell how it REALLY happened, but atleast i'm getting a new one.
It was a bathroom accident wasn't it lilstewart? Go on you can tell us :). It's always so tempting to take it in there when you're going to be *ahem* occupied for a little bit. But then, when you're done, you really need two hands to finish up. Combined with a hard-tiled floor - disaster :(.

I've been so close to being in your shoes on so many occasions......;)

Comment

bigredsixer

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2005
lilstewart92 said:
...wait
there is some info up on there and can be read, i'll post another pic later
but it's gone. i'm so unhappy :(
LOL, did you post this 2 seconds after you dropped it and before you picked it up? Sorry not laughing at your predicament...just laughing cause you posted on this forum like we are 911 or something.

Comment

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
This thread is confusing me... can't say what happened and something about not being able to show a pic... man it is way too late for me to be reading this stuff... :rolleyes:

Comment

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Prelude2Tragedy said:
Heres the real story. He was outside on his balcony and wanted some soda so he put it on the railing. When he came back he tripped on the cord and it tumbled over.
Why does that sound soooo familiar :confused:

;)

Comment

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
ok! fine, i'll post a pic, but the only reason why i don't want to is because i had iChat open, and i was tlking to people

i wasn't ummm *cough* in the bathroom :p

Maybe i could photoshop it and cross out there names
i'll do that

Comment

3badjacksfan

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2005
LaLaLand
Prelude2Tragedy said:
Power Cord? We don't need no stinkin' Power Cord. (It IS/WAS an iBook after all.) :cool:

Comment

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
Ok, fine, i'll tell you (it's not like he reads these things...)
So, i was talking to my step-mom and we started to argue, I'm NOT going into the argument, but she got really pissed off, (i pushed her to far) and without her thinking, she hit it like 5 times :eek: :eek: :( :mad:

She was sooo sorry, and ordered one right after, I'm not as mad... We are going to fix the old iBook and get it working, and have my brother work for it :p -- I accidentley dropped his green iMac G3 333Mhz (screen broke :eek: ) so he doesn't have a computer --

Comment

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Sorry about your iBook but geeze, does your household have issues w/ computers! Heh. :p

Comment

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
devilot76 said:
Sorry about your iBook but geeze, does your household have issues w/ computers! Heh. :p
hehe..was going to post the same thing. Lots of Mac damage taking place over there.
Maybe you should give the new iBook to your bro, and take the one with the replacement monitor for yourself.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.