My call to ATT about 4S *weird*

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GooGleit15, Oct 9, 2011.

1. GooGleit15 macrumors member

Just called ATT twice and they sounded like they had no idea what to do... Not sure if they were new employees or what but she first started to tell me that my phone will ship tomorrow and i should get sometime this week...

I then told her the phone doesn’t come out till the 14th and she says "o you must have ordered an iPhone 4S" I then proceeded to tell her that I could give my order # to her... She took it down and then had me on hold for 5 mins while she spoke with her manager... She stated "my manager says the phones will be shipped out in 14-21 days from the pre order point...

Info: ordered my phone 0445 on Friday and got my confirmation 5 mins later... my ordered still states pending shipment and the FAN account says backordered/ processing... maybe I should call back when they have ppl who know what their doing.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Maybe you shouldn't be calling on a Sunday night? :confused:

3. Captain America macrumors 6502

idk dude, I'm afraid that I won't be seeing mine for 14-21 days from yesterday either, based on the e-mail I received. If that's the case I might be pissed off enough to return it and go back to the 4. Or Screw both of them and get an S2.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

To be completely honest, I think you should just wait, chill, etc. You ordered your phone only 2 days ago. There's nothing to worry about at this point.

5. Surrylic macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

This. Until more time passes I think everyone needs to calm down *rolls eyes*

6. theturtle macrumors 6502a

hey not to step out of line here but are you the same person who said you weren't gonna get an iphone 4s and how u were so amazed with the inspire 4g that you decided to get an android phone? it may or may not be you who im thinking of.

7. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

gotta love electronics, they make u so impatient, and then to add to the fun the only people who can give you information are clueless

8. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Your order will be fine, stop freaking out. ATT reps for the most part are useless. If you got the emails you will be fine.

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

If it's Friday, October 14th @7:30pm and no iPhone 4S, that's about the time to worry...:p

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Patience people.
    Calling and bugging customer service reps won't get you anywhere or get your phone faster.

11. Captain America macrumors 6502

Which means I'm screwed as the confirmation e-mail I got from Premier yesterday said:

Thank you for your purchase from the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Your iPhone will ship in approximately 14-21 days.

12. fujigonewild006 macrumors newbie

yesterday I chatted online with premier support, and the rep told me that ALL preorders will be shipped on the 14th. I laughed at her, and told her that either she is sadly mistaken, or they are going to have 200,000 angry at&t customers on the 14th.

13. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

That does not mean you are screwed, there have been other discussions on this and the same thing happened last year. Everyone got their phone on launch day.

Even if it were the case there is nothing that the reps can do.

14. Captain America macrumors 6502

If I don't have it within 3 days of launch because I waited ONE day to preorder it, I'm going to be very pissed and probably go Droid.

15. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Ok, Have fun. Although I am not sure why AT&T screwing up would make you change what brand of phone you want :confused:

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'm sure everyone will cry if you do.

17. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

My premier email says

Your iPhone has been reserved and is expected to be delivered on Oct 14, 2011.

18. Captain America macrumors 6502

Because I was torn between the two and from what I've read, minus Siri, the experience won't be a big difference from the iPhone 4, which I had.

19. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

i'm glad i dont work for cs because any of your a holes that would call me would get your orders "accidentally" canceled

20. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

Why don't you wait until Thursday and see what it says.... you have your email confirmation... you have a phone... I'm sure the status will change several times before it ships. Calling CS is just going to frustrate you and them.

21. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

ROFL! This!!!

22. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Just AT&T giving their customer the same experience us Verizon customers experienced when everyone's order said shipping 10/21. It worked itself out just as this is likely to. Give it time.

23. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

The average rep at ATT definitely does HOT have a clue what they are talking about, I can promise you that. Some are great, most are not.

But what she said is more or less true- they will probably be dispatched Monday or Tuesday and arrive at your door on Thursday or Friday. These things are coming from China (I assume) so they have a few days in the air before they hit ground delivery.

24. Captain America macrumors 6502

Yeah it's probably just me being my pessimistic (among other things) self. What are the chances of people receiving them on Thursday? Like, how does that work?

25. meder87 macrumors regular

I think if you ordered Friday you got it. After that you will have to wait.