My iPhone 3G hasn't been dispatched from CPW

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by markfc, Jul 11, 2008.

1. markfc macrumors 6502a

markfc

But I just received this ;

Thank you for ordering the iPhone 3G!

You'll be pleased to know that you'll soon be on your way to becoming the owner of this revolutionary mobile phone.

We're currently experiencing high demand for this product, so there maybe a small delay with the delivery of your new iPhone 3G. But don't worry this will be sent to you on Saturday 12th July.

If you have chosen to have it delivered at home, our courier Citylink will deliver it. If no one is available to sign for the delivery, a card will be left with contact details so you can rearrange it at a more convenient time. Deliveries will be made between 9am - 5.30pm and unfortunately we cannot specify an exact time. If you have chosen to have it delivered to store, you will need to bring the card with chip and pin you used to order it for identification.

If you have any queries about your order please visit www.carphonewarehouse.com/contactus and quote your order number which is located on your order confirmation email.

Thank you for shopping at The Carphone Warehouse.

2. jaysonbank macrumors newbie

When did you order this? I put in an order on the CPW site yesterday around 11am, I havn't had any emails yet just a text and no way to track the status on their site.

3. Vereina macrumors member

You should have got a transaction reference number when you placed the order. Check the status here:

https://www.mycarphonewarehouse.com/portal/servlet/gben-ordertrack-OrderTrack?

If you are still in stage 1, you probably have a problem, so should call CPW to check.

I paced an order at around 11:45 yesterday. It never left stage 1. When I called CPW to check this morning, I ended up with a new order, for delivery tomorrow, which is now in stage 2.

4. jaysonbank macrumors newbie

I spoke to someone in store and they said my order was still "open" i.e. they had not yet assigned an actual unit to me. What I find absolutely f***ing disgusting is that i paid for next day delivery, I PAID money before all the people who went to the shop today, that money was taken from my account and yet I will receive my phone AFTER everyone else. This is a pathetic way to treat customers, its very simple, if I order online and it says they have stock, then they should immediately reserve my phone for me.

There was nothing when I ordered online to suggest that I "might not" get the phone straight away. If they had openly and honestly told me that my unit would not be reserved until much later after they had debited my account then at least I would know.

To take my money and yet give a phone that I paid for to someone else is just taking the piss.

Thanks for the link, your a star, if only CPW had given me that link, they dont make it at all obvious.

5. marcel499 macrumors newbie

Am in the same situation. Ordered 11:47, Monday. Repeatedly assured of delivery on Friday. Nothing all day 11th until the email quoted above promising Saturday delivery.

Anyone receive this email just before the 11th?

Attached Files:

6. AnonymousOne macrumors regular

7. NightFox macrumors 68000

NightFox

Anyone in a similar position to this, I suggest you ring CPW and ask to speak to Dean. The news he'll give you might not be what you want to hear, but at least he'll tell you the truth rather than the "yes, your phone will definitely be with you Friday" that I was given all week and was foolish enough to believe.

Even the 8GB that they promised would be with me today when they finally admitted that they'd cocked up my 16GB order and didn't have one to send me now looks like it might not even be turning up today. How bad can this get? :mad:

8. markfc thread starter macrumors 6502a

markfc

What a bunch of idiots, I phone them up and they said it will be delivered on monday then I get this ;

Dear Customer,

Thank you for ordering with www.carphonewarehouse.com.

Unfortunately, the item you ordered is temporarily out of stock. We do make every effort to ensure that only items that are in stock appear on the website, and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Pre Orders and Back Orders:

If you knowingly placed a Pre Order or Back Order on carphonewarehouse.com, then you do not need to take any action. We will despatch your order as soon as it's available. We will also e-mail you when the goods leave the warehouse.
    What should you do next?

Don't worry! We are expecting new stock to arrive into our warehouse very soon. When the new stock arrives the item will be sent to you immediately. You do not have to do anything. We will keep you updated by telephone, but you will also receive an email when the goods leave our warehouse.

If the item has not arrived back into stock within 7 days, we will contact you to let you know your options. If you would like to discuss this with us in the meantime, please call our Support Team on 0870 087 0870 quoting your surname and postcode (Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm, Sat 9am - 6pm, Sun 11am, 5pm).

Thanks for shopping with us.

Regards,

The Carphone Warehouse Online Team

IDIOTS!!! Why can't Apple go with Orange or Vodafone or all three? O2 are making Apple look rubbish in the UK. Everytime I've ordered from CPW in the past the same thing happens. :-(

9. alFR macrumors 68020

Mobile phone company giving overly optimistic order fulfillment dates to secure orders? Surely not.....

10. markfc thread starter macrumors 6502a

markfc

Still no iPhone but free gift on it's way....

Dear Customer

Thank you for ordering the 3G iPhone.

As you will have seen, there has been overwhelming demand for this product. Yesterday we wrote to you to say that we were due to send out your order for Saturday delivery - we are really sorry to say that despite doing everything we could within our warehouse teams we have been unable to do this due to the volume of orders that we received.

We are as disappointed about this as you are. We always strive to do the best for our customers and don't like to let anyone down, particularly when it is for a product as exciting as the new iPhone.

We are able to tell you that you will have your order by Friday of this week at the latest. We do know that this will be disappointing for you and we will contact you again early in the week to offer you a free gift as a gesture of good will.

Once again, we are really sorry to have let you down and we hope that when you do receive your new iPhone next week that you enjoy using it.

Kind regards

www.carphonewarehouse.com on line team.

Umm yeah thanks. Why didn't you e-mail this to me on friday night so I didn't wait in all day? Has anyone got a contact for CPW so I can write and vent to them?

Thanks

11. ryanmanu macrumors regular

unfortunatly you could be in for a long wait, i ordered mine on thursday 10th (expecting delivery on the 11th) and it still hasnt been dispatched on monday morning!

12. nihilisticmonk macrumors 6502

nihilisticmonk

I have the CPW story to beat all stories regarding the pre-ordering!

Ordered on Thursday about 3PM. Went for the "deliver to store" option.

Got the "order received" email and stuff, No problem. I was on holiday down south at the time, but actually live in Leeds, so called them up to say "hang on, I'll probably be back in leeds when it's delivered"

Got told my order "didn't exist", but it was probably "backed up in the system...call back later". Service was very rude and un-helpful. Felt like I was getting shoved off the phone the entire conversation.

Then I got the "will be delivered on the 12th email", so cool, I will still be down south, I can sit back and relax.

Then I got the "We're out of stock" email. So....called them back up to ask for delivery to Leeds, only to be told "order doesn't exist, so we can't change it, call back after 6pm". <sigh>

Called back after 6pm, to be told "we have a phone for you, but your credit card has been declined."

"Umm, ok....no idea why, can I use another card?"

"no, that'll be a new order, and you'll loose your stock allocation. you need to call your bank and find out why it's been rejected." :mad:

So, On the phone to the bank, stated I have a CPW transaction that is legitimate and can be authorised.

"We have no transactions pending for CPW. No cease on your card, and no declines".

WTF :confused:

Back to carphone warehouse

"It's definately declined, there is nothing we can do about it"

So, I cancelled the order :-(

Reading up on the register, you will see they did the same to a lot of customers apparently. As they ran out of stock, instead of admitting it, they sent out crap emails stating "can't be delivered due to a security risk" telling people they'd had cards not authed and other stuff.

read comments here :-
    http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/07/10/cw_sells_iphone/comments/

So pissed off, and I should have known not to deal with the carphone warehouse.

Looking at the Applestore stock, a lot seem to still have stock, so I'm going to buzz down to Meadowhall in sheffield after I finish work (After calling to confirm they still have stock), and prey I can get one.

This is causing such a PR backlash for apple, I've spent over £4000 with them this year, getting a new macbook air, and a macpro, and even though I know it's not apples fault, it certainly burns my customer perception that I've gone through so much hassle in regards to an apple product.

13. marcel499 macrumors newbie

The latest chapter in my sorry story is that I've just had a phone call from CPW promising delivery by this Friday (only a full week late). The guy I spoke to was polite and apologetic, but remained insistent that the CPW was not really at fault (!). I couldn't be bothered to argue.

I asked about gestures of good will/free gift, but he said that he could only do that if they failed to deliver to those paying extra for Saturday (July 12) delivery or if they failed to deliver by this Friday (July 18). I can scarcely believe this and would ask that anyone who has managed to get anything out of them detail when they ordered, expected delivery date and nature/amount of free gift (if offered).

I ordered a 16GB iPhone on Monday before noon for Friday 11 July delivery. Not got it yet. No free gift.

14. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Had another cosy chat with CPW this morning. That hold music is giving me the shakes now.

Anyway, iPhone being delivered to the store "definitely" by Wednesday and maybe tomorrow. However, it was "definitely" last friday so who knows?

15. NightFox macrumors 68000

NightFox

Just had mine delivered to my door by the postman today (8GB arrives today, was meant to be a 16GB delivered Friday). Totally threw me though as I was expecting delivery by Citylink which I was going to decline as I picked up a 16GB from the Manchester Trafford Centre Apple Store on Saturday. The postman had gone and I'd opened the package before I realised what it was, so now I guess I've got to go through the CPW returns rigmarole.

16. owain182 macrumors newbie

that's weird, when did you order?

did your status change to stage 3/get a tracking number?

still waiting for mine after ordering monday and confirmed devliery on friday! still stage 2 though

17. NightFox macrumors 68000

NightFox

Originally ordered 16GB last Monday, but on Friday when they admitted they'd cocked it up they promised to get me an 8GB to me on Saturday morning. I was still at Stage 2 on Saturday morning, but about 10:00am it changed to Stage 3, but with no tracking number (I guess this was because it was going by Royal Mail, not CityLink)

18. owain182 macrumors newbie

least they admitted it i guess, still had no sense from anyone at cpw!

nobody knows when its gonna arrive, some people say its here waiting and they're being prepared for delivery and others are saying they have no stock at all, so are still waiting for more stock to send out.

Why they let more people buy them on thursday without fulfilling the monday orders first i will never know

19. johnsibly macrumors newbie

Ordered mine on Friday morning after the 16G iPhone I'd pre-booked at carphone warehouse was sold to the guy infront of me in the queue :eek:( CPW promised that it would arrive today (Monday) if I signed up there and then on Friday, so I did that.

Phoned today to check it had arrived, and suprise suprise it hadn't and is now supposed to arrive this Friday (a week after release). I pressed for some sort of free accessory as at least a token - and the sales guy at CPW said he'd see what he could do. I'll keep you posted with whether or not I manage to get anything off them! Good luck

20. waughmeister macrumors newbie

I have a very similar story, which I've related elsewhere on the forum. Basically, I ordered my iPhone 16GB on Thursday 10th July at about 1.30 and everything seemed to be in order. It seems, however, that my bank queried the transaction because it looked a bit suspect (apparently CPW are legendary for prompting this response from banks). It was supposed to be delivered in store on Friday but arrive it did not. I then got an email telling me it would be despatched on Saturday but when I called the guy I spoke to said that I DID have an iPhone assigned but it wouldn't be delivered until Monday. Fine by me, I said. Then my order status started telling me that my item was out of stock. I phoned up again and the guy told me that I DIDN'T have an iPhone assigned but that I'd definitely get it by Friday, possibly Thursday.

I was pretty much resigned to that but now I hear my local Apple store has stock so I'm intending on paying them a visit tomorrow and cancelling my CPW if I get lucky!

The saga continues...

21. ryanmanu macrumors regular

johnsibly please keep us informed if you get a free gift ill take a shot at getting one too!
    anyone else tried to get free gift/compensation?

22. Igantius macrumors 65816

If you paid for Saturday delivery that didn't materialise, CW will refund the £15 and give you - wait for this - a whole £5 as an apology.

Apparently, orders were taken when CW's system incorrectly showed that stock remained at head office - more stock is expected Wed/Thurs, but I wouldn't hold your breath!

23. ryanmanu macrumors regular

24. Igantius macrumors 65816

But think how many apps that could get you... assuming you receive an iPhone ;)

I believe that's the standard compensation for failed Sat. deliveries, so in my opinion makes that even more rubbish!

However, I would say for those affected it's worth speaking to a manager and seeing if you can squeeze a little more out...

25. ryanmanu macrumors regular

if you squeeze the manager more i reckon you could get a few months free line rental