My iPhone 4 has officially been put to shame

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JD914, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

Well of course. A new Android phone can easily beat last years outdated iPhone 4, with the same old stale iOS.

The iPhone 5 needs to be a game changer, and really have some much needed upgrades, like 4" screen, Widgets, and a real notifications system.

I am openly interested in the iPhone5, hoping it is changed device, and will pick it up possibly.

2. bizfox macrumors member

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Wow. Impressive to say the least. The fingerprint recognition thing looks pretty cool too. Curious to see what the new iPhone holds in store for everyone.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Definitely. Let's hope so. I'm not much of an Android fan. Not enough polish and integration for me yet. That and the Marketplace doesn't have the greatest offerings yet.

5. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

i would appreciate it if you all bought that phone instead of "last years iphone 4 with a stale iOS", so i can get my iphone pre-order in without worrying about diminishing supplies

6. n0pa macrumors newbie

Funny how you have to have all of these "Docks" to place your phone in to use it with other thing. Airplay seems much cooler and the whole PC integration could also be done via bluetooth or wifi. I don't really see this going anywhere.

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

New stuff comes out all the time and people jump on the bandwagon
    Everything wants to to be the "next" thing

The proof isn't in the YouTube marketing video, it is in real life application

Everyone needs to make the best choice for them based on features, coverage, costs and more

There is no 1 phone that is right for everyone

8. jgdemeris macrumors newbie

I find it funny that the dock at the bottom of the "windows based" computer screen resembled that of a macbook. If you can not build a product like Apple, I guess the next best thing is to make it resemble Apple.

9. elan123 macrumors 6502

More competition = better technology... so iPhone 5 will kill!

10. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Same crappy Motorola hardware with creaky plastic pieces

Plus I'm sure iP5 will have similar specs come this summer

Still can't find a phone that syncs all my content via iTunes. Being a MBP user, that's the deal breaker for me.

11. JD914 thread starter macrumors 6502a

JD914

That's what was said about iPhone 4 and all we got was mediocre OS upgrades and hardware that barley caught up to the competition.

I've been on line for every iPhone release since 2007 and iPhone 4 might very well be my last iPhone.

12. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

If the iPhone 5 has a 4" screen I will probably buy one. Otherwise, it probably isn't worth the upgrade from the iPhone 4.

13. CLuv, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011

CLuv macrumors 6502

Glad you believe in a computer animation. Let's wait to see what ships. this doesn't look to promising.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/26/editorial-bugs-on-unreleased-phones-dont-matter/

Why would I need a dock if I currently have Airplay?

Remember 2003? Hope you're not looking around Vista or 7 for all these revolutionary computing ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9ifQvQCO7Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Just saying might want to have a real hands on. Until then don't believe every marketing video.

14. adztaylor macrumors 68000

I can't think of anything worse than to dock my phone to my TV while watching a video and not being able to use it. I already have Airplay which is a much better solution to what they have suggested. Now alls I want is wireless syncing to my MacBook :D

15. -MRB macrumors 6502

Forget the docks. This phone looks nice.

I officially hate my iP4 now :(

16. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I'm going to wait until I see hands on reviews before I get an official case of Atrix envy.
    A good marketing video could make Vista look like a work of genius. Don't believe the hype.

17. ehoui macrumors regular

I love the concept -- let's see how well it really works.

18. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

The dock for the Atrix is for more than watching video's. ;)

19. JD914 thread starter macrumors 6502a

JD914

I agree, like many were fooled Apples by Facetime hype, we all know how "good" it works in real life....oh yeah over wifi :rolleyes:

20. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

If I were able to control my iPhone using my PC or Mac, there would be no advantage to this phone for me. I've been asking for that feature since I used a Palm Trio! I'd love to be able to respond to messages and to control my phone from my computer. Hopefully Apple lets us do this soon.

21. mpossoff macrumors 68020

22. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Looks good, but in real life - I'm never going to use any of those features and the App Store is a major feature I like. Plus, Android isn't as complete as I woud like. It still crashes and lags.

23. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

What's interesting about it?
    Simultaneous voice and data is a network thing, not so much a phone thing.
    Any 3G (HSPA/UMTS) phone can do it.

24. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Not to mention this thing is going to start at a price of $150 w/2 year contract at Amazon/Costco when it comes out in the next month.

4g, 1GB ram, 4' screen, Dual core, 1930mAh battery, qHD display, laptop dock that charges phone while working, google maps navigation AND $50 less than almost all other smartphones all while it is leading the field?... :eek: