Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
Hey all,
Just updated the my Verizon app today to version 8.4.0 on both an iPhone 12 Pro Max, and iPad Air running version 14.3 of their respective OS.

On launch, the app loads my dashboard and then crashes. This happens on both devices.

I have uninstalled the app, and restarted the devices then reinstalled. App lets me agree and set location settings but still crashes right at, or a few seconds lading my account information. Usually this app has been rock solid, and googling for this behavior only turns up old results for android mainly. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if I'm just going to have to wait for an update to fix this, or is there a way to fix this now.

Thanks

AMTYVLE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2014
Florida
I have the My Verizon app on my iPhone 12 Pro Max and it's updated to the latest version (8.4.0). It launches without issue for me.

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
I have the My Verizon app on my iPhone 12 Pro Max and it's updated to the latest version (8.4.0). It launches without issue for me.
It usually works for me usually. However, for whatever reason, 8.4.0 and the update today will load, and then crash when it loads my dashboard. Since it crashes on my iPad Air 2, as well at the same point, i'm not sure what to troubleshoot here. When I first reinstall the app, it will let me set the location services settings, and accept the agreement, then loads my account dashboard and crashes. I usually don't use the app, and just use the website on the Mac. However, I put it on the phone and iPad just to have it for quick easy access, if I need it.

AMTYVLE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2014
Florida
There's a new update that is on the Apple App Store today - 8.4.1....try that and hopefully it solves your issue.

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
There's a new update that is on the Apple App Store today - 8.4.1....try that and hopefully it solves your issue.
I did, and the problem still exists on both devices. I am able to log in via safari to the My Verizon site though. I will call them, and report the issue. I mainly just wanted to ask here first to see if anyone else has had the issue, and if they were able to fix it. Since the exact same problem happens on two separate devices with the same system version, and app version, and I've uninstalled the app on both devices, rebooted, and reinstalled, and it still crashes on a clean install, then it suggests a software problem with the app itself. Thanks for the feedback.

It's rare I have issues with iOS, but usually when I do, they're rare ones that a lot of people don't have.

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
Just wanted to come back and say I've resolved the issue. I'm not sure what happened, but after doing a test run on the iPad and restoring it to factory defaults. Verizon works now. So, I restored the iPhone and that's also fixed now. With the iPhone, I could understand why it might have issues. I upgraded from a 7 Plus to a 12 Pro Max. Usually when I get a new device, I start off as a new device and don't restore backups. Because of the circumstances. I restored my latest iPhone 7 Plus backup to the new 12, to save time. Things could have gotten screw, especially since the new phone has new hardware the old one didn't, plus settings may have gotten messy as well.

One thing I did notice though, on the iPad after the restore, Verizon asked me to log in again. This didn't happen on a simple uninstall, reboot, and reinstall of the app. On the Phone, it automatically logged in after the clean install. I guess because it's the phone and they know it's attached to the phone number unlike a WiFi only iPad.
Anyway, thanks again. I'm starting off with a brand new clean install of OS 14.4 on both devices now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.