Nest Notification Issue with iPhone 7 and iOS 10

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ssunbrn, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Ssunbrn macrumors newbie

FYI - Nest is investigating an issue with iOS notifications not going through to the iPhone 7. I spent at least an hour going through app settings and iOS notification settings before calling nest support. All my other apple devices are still working fine. The Nest website has been updated to reflect the issue. I hope this message may prevent others the frustration and wasted time that I experienced. I suspect nest will update their app to fix the issue.

2. c613m macrumors 6502

c613m

What's the issue? I have thermostat and protects and mine are functional

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

4. Ssunbrn, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016

Ssunbrn thread starter macrumors newbie

iOS notifications for things like 'movement detected in Zone(s)' are not displayed on some iPhone 7 devices. This does not impact email notifications or any Nest hardware functionality.

The issue may be limited to users that have paired their iPhone 7 with an Apple Watch -- but I'm just guessing here.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Working perfectly for me. Got several notifications yesterday when the roofers were finishing up the sun room roof. Day before I got a warning that my camera at the front door was off line.

6. wesselya macrumors member

Same issue with my camera. Any update on this ? I get email alerts but no notification. This should effect the protect and thermostat but it does the camera :(. Nest reps are helpless at most times seams like most of the times that I call I know more about the issue then them.

7. Ssunbrn thread starter macrumors newbie

8. vietalogy macrumors 6502

I'm not getting notification. I use it as a baby cam.

9. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    Yep I've been getting all my notifications just fine with Nest. The news app is another story :(

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Mine is working fine. Not sure what your problem is. The nest people are not trained well from the few times I talked with them. Have 4 cameras, 4 thermostats and two smoke detectors.

11. SoloStyle macrumors regular

I'm so happy I saw this thread. I've spent the day checking and rechecking my Nest app, wondering why I'm not receiving any notifications on my iPhone 7+. Please keep us updated if you find out anything.

12. mikeb71 macrumors newbie

I was on the ios10 public beta and everything worked fine, but since getting my iPhone 7 Plus this has stopped working .

13. wesselya macrumors member

Looks like they just updated for iPhone 7 Plus users because my app updated and it's working for me now