New 10-Inch iPad and Cheaper iPad Mini Coming 'As Early As This Spring'

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 30, 2019.

1. CrapShack macrumors newbie

CrapShack

I don't want a cheaper iPad mini. I want a BETTER iPad mini for the same price as the current one. You know, like Jobs-era Apple once did on a regular basis with all their product lines. (And just happed to create the greatest business story of all time while they were at it).

2. code-m macrumors 6502a

code-m

Yep, I figured. It’s not what a new customer would be able to obtain when their walk through the door. Not many know or are eligible to negotiate due to restrictions.

My original point stands and is valid, by calling someone disingenuous when knowing very well the word and term applies to the originator of claim.

3. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

Huh? My LTE Watch on its own lasts me as long as my iPhone — in fact it lasts longer.

The barriers to autonomy have nothing to do with the battery since the iPhone is autonomous and lasts around the same time without charging.

4. jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

My reaction...no reason for anymore iPad releases except the Mini. People who do want a new mini have their reasons and that’s it. The mini should be the only new iPad release of this year.

5. Hawkw1nd macrumors newbie

Hawkw1nd

The new Mini is not going to have a laminated screen. It appears as if Apple is attempting to position it below the 6th Gen iPad in price, so just as the 5th Gen iPad lost the laminated screen that the iPad Air 2 had, so will the Mini 5.

6. harriska2 macrumors 6502a

harriska2

Also hoping that watch doesn't require iPhone. Why can't we also have it connect with iPad or Mac? I can understand that loading apps or viewing health data directly isn't going to happen anytime soon, but can we at least have an option to connect it to something else, especially if we opt for an LTE model - hopefully with its own phone number and ability to hotspot ;)

7. GekkePrutser macrumors 6502a

GekkePrutser

Hopefully it'll finally have a laminated screen and antiglare coating like every other tablet...

I had an iPad Air 2 on loan this weekend and held beside an iPad 2018 it's ridiculous how bad the glare is on the 2018 model. Apple is really dropping the ball here.

8. sracer macrumors 604

sracer

It's a toss-up... glare on the 2018 model or fingerprint smudges on the Air 2. The fingerprints on my Air 2 were very distracting... and it was actually worse on my 1st gen 12.9 Pro.

It's a moot point for me because I cover them with a matte screen protector which cuts down on glare, virtually eliminates the appearance of fingerprints, and offers a bit of "bite" for using the Apple Pencil.

9. Shanghaichica macrumors G3

Shanghaichica

That’s how I feel. There’s no point in me upgrading my mini 4 to a cheaper but downgraded version of my current mini.