New 2017 iPad Pro Models Now Available in Apple Stores

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 13, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

The new 2017 10.5-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models that were introduced at last week's Worldwide Developers Conference are today available for purchase at Apple retail stores around the world.

With stock now available at retail locations, in-store pickup for the iPad Pro has also gone live, allowing customers to check stock at local Apple Stores.

[​IMG]

Apple began accepting iPad Pro orders just after the WWDC keynote event, and the first iPad Pro models began shipping out over the weekend with most offering June 13 delivery dates.

The new 10.5-inch iPad Pro replaces the 9.7-inch iPad Pro, offering a bigger display with 40 percent smaller side bezels and a slightly larger and heavier body. The 12.9-inch iPad Pro is the same size as the previous-generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro.

Both new iPad Pro models feature new ProMotion display technology, which offers refresh rates of up to 120Hz for fluid scrolling, improved responsiveness, and smoother motion, along with much more powerful A10X Fusion chips with 30 percent faster CPU performance and 40 percent faster GPU performance compared to the A9X chip.

Pricing for the 10.5-inch iPad Pro, which comes in Silver, Space Gray, Gold, and Rose Gold, starts at $649. Pricing for the 12.9-inch model, which comes in Silver, Space Gray, and Gold, starts at $799.

Article Link: New 2017 iPad Pro Models Now Available in Apple Stores

2. Sunny1990, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017

Sunny1990 macrumors 68000

Sunny1990

10.5 inch iPad Pro looks really tempting,it will be solid upgrade from iPad Mini.

3. Precursor macrumors 6502

Precursor

Pretty sure they'll be out of stock tomorrow.

4. nwcs macrumors 65816

nwcs

I did find it interesting that Apple made no big deal about the thinner bezels -- something so many here were salivating about for so long. These are the first iPads in a long time, with iOS 11, that are even on my radar. So that's a good thing in a manner of speaking for Apple. It means people may be paying attention to iPads a bit more than before.

5. TheTruth101 macrumors regular

I still have an iPad 4 and I can't find a use for it.

6. willjobsX23 macrumors newbie

willjobsX23

Why did you buy it in the first place?

7. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

8. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Hmm...Apple's website says available June 29 for my stores yet yesterday the store employee said they would be in stock today.

9. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM

10. aking83 macrumors member

aking83

11. gobikerider macrumors 65816

gobikerider

Really hmm so I should still go later today then? Eh
    --- Post Merged, Jun 13, 2017 ---
    "Boss I'm not feeling so good" :p:D

12. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Just picked up a 12.9 wifi 256gb space gray at 5th Avenue Manhattan. The only accessory they did not have for that size is the leather slip case.

The screen refresh rate is amazing and this 2nd gen 12.9 feels a lot lighter than the first gen did. Looking forward to setting up properly tonight and drawing again.

13. Rshears macrumors newbie

Rshears

Both arrived a couple of hours ago (10'5 & 12'9) both in 512gb configurations (yes I spoiled myself, but the last thing I brought myself was the iPad Air and I keep running out of space, also the larger is for work so does that count?)
    Still downloading from the iCloud restore but loving the refresh. Looking forward to taking them for a real test drive and installing iOS 11 on the 10'5. It runs a bit sluggish on the Air, quite often the CPU is at 100%, but this is to be expected. generally it's a good beta.

14. gobikerider macrumors 65816

gobikerider

Fml my small city Apple Store says the 12.9inch won't be here till the 29th ???

15. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Why in the heck would they make the bezels smaller? The existing iPad bezels were already kind of hard to hold onto without covering the screen. Now it's going to be even harder.

I don't get the hate on bezels, especially in this forum. You need to be able to HOLD your devices; it's nice to be able to without your fingers covering the screen.

16. thekeyring macrumors 68040

Totally agree. I think for my work a desktop Mac will eventually make the most sense.

These iPads + iOS 11 have given me faith that an iPad could be my portable device, not a retina MacBook.

17. argentum47 macrumors regular

argentum47

I've been an iPad skeptic for a long time, but this time with (somewhat) more desktop-like OS, better pencil support, smaller bezels, and 120 Hz screen, couldn't really resist. They've done a good job :)

18. thekeyring macrumors 68040

I think because with iPads the bezel is still big enough to hold, and any accidental screen touches are ignored by iOS.

With the iPhone, most people hold it by the frame, so the smaller the phone can be without sacrificing screen size, the better.

19. chomelchizo macrumors newbie

UPS delayed today's shipment of 10.5 512! :mad: Supposedly, it will be here tomorrow.

Available at local store. I can be there and back in an hour, but duty calls - I must mow my lawn.

20. mac4good84 macrumors regular

I think I may pick up the 10.5 WIFI 64GB and test it out compared with my Air 2 and if I think its worth the upgrade I'll keep it or else return it. Really curious and excited to see this product come out.

21. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

I'd buy the 10.5" in a blink if it had the Dual Cameras from the 7 Plus and it was cheaper.

22. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Pre-ordered from Best Buy, it appears they aren't going to have it today and haven't even given me an email notification or any other form of contact. Looks like I'll be making a trip to the Apple Store.

23. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Now every Apple store in Minnesota says June 29 for in store pickup. Yet the sales associate at the Southdale store said they would be in stock today. :rolleyes:

24. gobikerider macrumors 65816

gobikerider

Okay so I'm assuming they are getting them probably mid day and the website just hasn't updated.

25. iReality85 macrumors 6502

Did I miss something or are they not offering the 12.9" in rose gold?

Anyway, I'm tempting to visit the Apple store just to see the 120Hz in action.

In a way, I feel like Apple is selling short the benefits of these new iPads since they don't yet come with iOS 11...