Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b11051973

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2006
I got an email from Best Buy over night that my 10.5" is ready to pickup. I work a block from the BB and will walk over and get it during lunch. My encrypted backup of my old iPad to my computer is done. All ready to move to the new hotness tonight. :)

nathan.l.larsen

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2014
Now every Apple store in Minnesota says June 29 for in store pickup. Yet the sales associate at the Southdale store said they would be in stock today. :rolleyes:

Which model are you looking to pick up? Most are available today for in store pickup. It's possible that specific models didn't come in overnight, but may be in soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1182.PNG
    IMG_1182.PNG
    220.2 KB · Views: 85

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Now every Apple store in Minnesota says June 29 for in store pickup. Yet the sales associate at the Southdale store said they would be in stock today. :rolleyes:

Until the respective Apple Store scans in the item it's not official in-stock and will be reflected as such in the In-store pick up availability. This helps insure that when you order for in-store p/u it will actually be there.

So the sales associate and the on-line info can both be correct -- that they will be in-store today and that they can't be reserved for pick up yet.

larzy

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Denmark
Just picked up a 12.9 wifi 256gb space gray at 5th Avenue Manhattan. The only accessory they did not have for that size is the leather slip case.

The screen refresh rate is amazing and this 2nd gen 12.9 feels a lot lighter than the first gen did. Looking forward to setting up properly tonight and drawing again.

Same weight as to my knowledge. Did you go from a cellular model to a wifi maybe?

DoctorDoctor

Suspended
Jul 14, 2016
Totally agree. I think for my work a desktop Mac will eventually make the most sense.

These iPads + iOS 11 have given me faith that an iPad could be my portable device, not a retina MacBook.

Exactly what I am planning on doing. Purchased a 10.5 for pickup today and it will be my portable device that replaces my MacBook Pro that I sold a month ago. Will order a new iMac soon as my main device at home.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Can anyone confirm if the 10.5 is out on display in NYC stores? I've gone there twice, and even after callingthe store and having them confirm and double check that it was out on display, both times I went it turns out they WERENT actually out on display.

toughboy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Izmir, Turkey
Why in the heck would they make the bezels smaller? The existing iPad bezels were already kind of hard to hold onto without covering the screen. Now it's going to be even harder.

I don't get the hate on bezels, especially in this forum. You need to be able to HOLD your devices; it's nice to be able to without your fingers covering the screen.
How big is your hands seriously :)

Reactions: Moi Ici

Cancelled
Nov 8, 2011
The first gen 12.9 resale is really tanking. Seeing a good used cellular 256gb with smart keyboard going for $620 on Swappa. Ouch.

agsystems

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
I'd buy the 10.5" in a blink if it had the Dual Cameras from the 7 Plus and it was cheaper.
Dual Cameras - possible on upcoming models
Cheaper - unlikely - there is already a cheap $ 329 iPad

As the verge would put it "The iPad Pro is very much a spare-no-expense device."

s2010

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2010
Just picked up a 12.9 wifi 256gb space gray at 5th Avenue Manhattan. The only accessory they did not have for that size is the leather slip case.

The screen refresh rate is amazing and this 2nd gen 12.9 feels a lot lighter than the first gen did. Looking forward to setting up properly tonight and drawing again.

The new 2017 12.9" iPad Pro is actually lighter than the previous version. It is 36g lighter (713g - 677g).

http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_ipad_pro-7562.php

http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_ipad_pro_12_9-8717.php

Reactions: wbeasley and kazmac

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Are the cell models universal or do I have to be careful to get one that works with my US carrier? I called T-Mobile, but they didn't have a stock date.

tazinlwfl

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Florida
Pre-ordered from Best Buy, it appears they aren't going to have it today and haven't even given me an email notification or any other form of contact. Looks like I'll be making a trip to the Apple Store.
Pre-ordered a 12.9 last week, email this morning from BB said it was "delayed" and they expect to ship it to me by July 13th. I have 4 Apple stores with plenty of stock around me, but I wanted that $50 giftcard. Already picked up my Apple Pencil, so I'm itching to cancel my pre-order. This is why I don't shop at Best Buy...

Did I miss something or are they not offering the 12.9" in rose gold?

Nope.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.