Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
just ordered a black one for my space grey 5S. Been using a Tough Armor but they feel a bit plastic. Least we can send these back to Apple if no good.

obamtl

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2010
Anyone know if UK Apple stores have these in stock?

I bought one this morning and they seemed to have a lot of it in stock.

It looks nice and has a good tactile feel. It makes the phone feel a fair bit wider.

Unfortunately, I had to return it immediately. It won't fit some popular headphone jacks. I could not fit the Beats Monster headphones through it. Dang!

Brenster

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Unfortunately, I had to return it immediately. It won't fit some popular headphone jacks. I could not fit the Beats Monster headphones through it. Dang!

Was always going to be my biggest concern. The Pixel Speck HD case I'm using at the moment easily accomodates the Bose iMIE2 and Panasonic HTX7 jacks I use at the moment, the latter being a big, chunky 3.5mm jack. Sounds as though the new Apple cases might struggle with the latter.

Hopefully someone will be able to post some up close and personal shots of the case on a phone later on.

kanon14

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Hong Kong
Anyone else got one? Post some pics and impressions please!

I got a red leather case with the space grey iPhone. My friend put the case on her iPhone 5 while I'm charging the 5s. The case fits pretty well. Actually, I'd say too well because it took us a long time to take it off. I need to force the four corners out and even then the case was still attached to the phone. In the end, I have to poke through the camera cutout on the case to push the iPhone out. If you are the kind of person who need to take out the case frequently, I would not suggest this case at all. But if you plan to just leave the case on then this is a great case.

Attachments

• IMG_4474.JPG
    IMG_4474.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 863
  • IMG_4473.JPG
    IMG_4473.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 824
  • IMG_4475.JPG
    IMG_4475.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 393
  • IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 435

PaulOBrain

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2013
UK
I got a red leather case with the space grey iPhone. My friend put the case on her iPhone 5 while I'm charging the 5s. The case fits pretty well. Actually, I'd say too well because it took us a long time to take it off. I need to force the four corners out and even then the case was still attached to the phone. In the end, I have to poke through the camera cutout on the case to push the iPhone out. If you are the kind of person who need to take out the case frequently, I would not suggest this case at all. But if you plan to just leave the case on then this is a great case.

Thanks for that looks great :)

dodder92

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2011
Staffordshire, England
Black on black looks very sweet, only thing that puts me off is the pricing. £35 +£4 postage is a little steep for a case. Think I'll wait for some video reviews before I purchase one.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Looks good :) Tempted on the black for my black 64gb iP5. Henry Ford had it right.

I was so close to nabbing the red one as it would look great with the black phone but I thought I'd keep things uniform
They're really well made cases though, definitely worth it. :D

kanon14

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Hong Kong
I was so close to nabbing the red one as it would look great with the black phone but I thought I'd keep things uniform
They're really well made cases though, definitely worth it. :D

I spent quite some time deciding between red and black too and settled on red because I had a black case for my iPhone 5 so I want to try something new.

tmoney468

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2007
Stuck between getting the black or the blue - I love blue but not sure how good it will look with my black i5. I may also wait for other retailers to carry the case as well, don't really feel like paying $10 extra just for shipping and tax

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

Looks great.

Vidd

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2006
Thanks for the photos, guys. Ordered the red but the black looks so nice. Ah, well.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
ill get the brown one and it will be more beautiful when aged.. that's what leather is.

boobie12

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Got the case but I kinda hate it. Probably will just return it. Expected it to feel better in the hand

Godzilla71

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2009
WA state
Great pics and impressions everyone. ChazUK the black one looks pretty nice! :cool: It was the one I was thinking about getting and I think I will stick with that plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.