iPad Pro New generation of iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by horrgakx, Mar 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. horrgakx macrumors member

horrgakx

Hi all. I'm looking to buy the larger iPad Pro but I've heard rumours that the models are going to be refreshed soon. Does anyone have any knowledge of when this will be?

2. JeffyTheQuik macrumors 68020

JeffyTheQuik

Two possibilities:
    In the next 6-8 weeks, or in September.

3. horrgakx thread starter macrumors member

horrgakx

Ok thanks for that. I might just buy now as I want it within this tax year.

4. blaine07 macrumors 65816

You'll be glad you did. It's a fully capable device. Mine fits in my Apple Ecosystem nicely. It doesn't replace my rMBP but it certainly has its place between 7 plus and rMBP depending on what I'm doing. Have Logitech Create Keyboard for mine and super nice to pop out, send a few texts and emails and go about my day. Also handy working with PDFs and Apple Pencil, use it quite a bit for that in my workflow. Mobility is the best thing about IPP for me.

5. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Even if nothing is announced in March, keep a sharp eye out for sales on the current model. With the 12.9 Pro regularly going on sale for between $100-$175 off there is very little reason to pay full MSRP. (except if you have a deadline)

6. JeffyTheQuik macrumors 68020

JeffyTheQuik

I'd give it until the middle of April. As @sracer said, the current one is fully capable, but if it can be delayed (not sure what your tax year is) until then, I'd give it a go.

7. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Yes, Google is your friend. Step one. Google is there going to be an update to the iPad. 2. Google will pump out numerous sites that you can read. Easy

8. brendu macrumors 68020

Yeah, how dare he ask an iPad related question on an iPad forum...

9. Coolpher macrumors regular

Coolpher

If I were you I would just go for it but if you're like me and you don't want to pay the full price up front get a cellular model from your carrier And set up a device payment plan like I did through Verizon they actually have some discounts going on i've had mine since December 2, 2015 and I love it use it every day more than my rMBP if they do end up announcing new models you have two weeks to return it just like you would through Apple
    --- Post Merged, Mar 11, 2017 ---
    I agree if you're not under a time restraint search out a deal they are out there for either Wi-Fi Or cellular model

10. TonyK macrumors 6502a

TonyK

Actually I'm holding off until after mid-April because of the rumors of an Apple event coming soon to a spaceship near them.

Otherwise I would purchase the 9.7" iPad Pro for the 12MP camera over the 12.9" 8MP iPad Pro. I also like the form factor of the 9.7 better than the 12.9. Those are personal preferences but having the higher resolution camera would be a good thing.

11. Dave245 macrumors 601

I think the Apple event will happen in March, these rumours of a April 4th event seem to be forgetting that Apple haven't moved into the new campus yet and the Steve Jobs theatre won't be ready until later this year, they will begin to move into the new campus starting in April and it will take 6 months to complete the move.

12. TonyK macrumors 6502a

TonyK

I'd be happy with an event sooner than later.

13. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Using Google my friend will be much quicker than trying to get answer from this forum in a timely manner. Google is your friend.

14. brendu macrumors 68020

I agree. I also know how to sift through the endless **** google spits out with countless rumors contradicting each other. There's nothing wrong with asking a group of people who probably know well enough and waiting for their answers. Might not be your way or mine to solve our problems but it works for others.