Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Are you sure it was an Apple commercial? Did you see the logo or any Macs? Could be the new holiday ads, although I think they would be on the Apple site.

AtHomeBoy_2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Are you sure it was an Apple commercial? Did you see the logo or any Macs? Could be the new holiday ads, although I think they would be on the Apple site.

I am positive it was a Mac ad. It had Justin Long and John Hodgman and at the very end they had a MacBook displayed on the screen.

AtHomeBoy_2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
can you be more specific? what channel was it on and what time?

I wish I could. I didnt think much of it. I had not been online all day, so I just assumed they had already been posted and it would be old news. but NO ONE has posted that they have seen this commerical. it seemed a littel odd.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I am positive it was a Mac ad. It had Justin Long and John Hodgman and at the very end they had a MacBook displayed on the screen.

Interesting indeed. Then it must have been one of the holiday ads. Not sure why it wouldn't be at Apple's Get a Mac site though.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I was flipping through the channels last night and I stumbled upon the end of what apears to be a new Mac/PC ad. All I saw saw the end where they were wearing Santa hats and gave each other a hug. Nothing is posted on the Apple webpage and I havent seen it posted anywhere else on here.

Did anyone see this commercial as well?
I wasn't expecting the holiday ads this early.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I am wondering if the station accidently ran it too early.

Yea I was thinking that myself. But you'd figure it be on at least one site would have been talking about it. Well in a way, I guess we are talking about it on MacRumors, huh? ;)

I wasn't expecting the holiday ads this early.

Well it is Black Friday and that's the start the shopping for the holidays.

celebi23

macrumors regular
May 31, 2004
CT
Just saw another new ad not too long ago. Just cought the tail end of it though. I only saw the "PC" talking about going to listen to emo music & had weird sitckers from tons of emo bands all over his suit. Haven't seen mention of this on any other site though

dansgil

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I just saw one of the new Apple holiday ads on NBC during the break after Heroes. See image below (sorry about the quality):

Attachments

• IMG_0328small.jpg
    IMG_0328small.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 246

mmzplanet

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
Florida
YES. During Heroes the Mac and PC exchanged gifts. The PC was given a book from iPhoto with pictures from the other ads during the year. The Mac guy got a C++ Programming guide.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
New Holiday 'Get A Mac' Ad Airs

Multiple readers report seeing a new holiday-themed "Get A Mac" ad. While reader reports vary slightly on the exact details of the ad, in general the Mac (still played by Justin Long) performs a gift swap with PC with the Mac giving PC a photo book made from iPhoto, whereas PC gives a C++ GUI programming handbook and remarking "i've been eyeing that myself."

As of this posting, the ad has not been published to Apple's website. Justin Long's continued involvement in Apple's ad campaign and holiday-themed ads was previously rumored here.

AtHomeBoy_2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
WOO HOO!! I was right, I am not going crazy!

Wait, hey, I broke a MacRumors story... go me! lol

Fiveos22

macrumors 65816
Nov 20, 2003
Are they losing their touch? These ads don't seem very clever...maybe I'm not the target audience seeing as I already own a mac.:rolleyes:

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
those ads are awesome! I especially like gift exchange. they're finally finding the perfect dynamic...

EDIT: plus, they're finally showing something that a mac can DO! we get a glimpse of a photobook, though it's a little boring.

AtHomeBoy_2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
hang on a sec, i just watched all 3. None of those were the one I saw! maybe they had a one day ad, but I doubt it.

F

freakonguitar

lol...well just another way to waste 10 minutes while waiting for the season premiere of prison break to come on at 8

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.