Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cliffy Biro

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2015
Looks like here in the UK the build and shipping turnaround is pretty fast! I was expecting 2 or more weeks when first ordered.

Ordered 27"/i7/512/395 on 28th. Received despatch notice today (29th), delivery 3rd to 6th Nov. Sounds too good to be true. Note I am in UK, do not know where it is being shipped from.

blast87

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2012
Just got an email from Apple this morning, "due to an unexpected delay" my delivery date is pushed back. It was originally 29-30th. But was still processing last night. Now it shows November 4-5th. :(:mad::oops:

I mentioned earlier, I'm in Toronto. Seems like Canadian orders are getting screwed.

arbitrage

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
No email from Apple but checking my order status, it now says ships in 1-2 days and delivers Nov 3-5. Before was Oct 29-Nov 2. Of course this is another Canadian order....

effedupstories

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2015
Just got an email from Apple this morning, "due to an unexpected delay" my delivery date is pushed back. It was originally 29-30th. But was still processing last night. Now it shows November 4-5th. :(:mad::oops:

I mentioned earlier, I'm in Toronto. Seems like Canadian orders are getting screwed.
I got the same email, and yes it does seem like Canadian orders are getting screwed. Kind of disheartening when Im paying over 4 grand.

arbitrage

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
I got the same email, and yes it does seem like Canadian orders are getting screwed. Kind of disheartening when Im paying over 4 grand.

I now just got the email also....2 Apple orders in a row now....iphone and iMac where they've had to offer an apology email.....

Cpt54

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2015
PA
My replacement for the damaged iMac I received has just changed to preparing for shipping
Hopefully this one makes it here unscathed, overall not too bad I returned the damaged one last Saturday.

eoren1

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2007
Delivery time keeps slipping on my BTO i7/512ssd/395 27" iMac purchased 10/22

Started off with a Friday, Oct 30th date but stupid me had called earlier to change location to work as I am not home on Fridays. Had a KY notification show up in UPS and then shipment delivery slipped to Monday, Nov 3. Shipment got stuck at 'Export Scan' in China from 10/28 4pm till finally going to 'Departure Scan' 11/29 10:30pm. Now showing delivery Tuesday, Nov 4th...

Not blaming Apple for this - just frustrating.

DoggieStu

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2015
Not sure if this is your case. But substituting magic trackpad instead of the magic mouse will take much longer for the BTO. Mine came after 14 days after initial listed 5 days

DoggieStu

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2015
And those who opt for expedited shipping, I would say forget about it because they totally ignored this request for most people.

Reactions: psionicsin

effedupstories

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2015
Not sure if this is your case. But substituting magic trackpad instead of the magic mouse will take much longer for the BTO. Mine came after 14 days after initial listed 5 days
I kept the magic mouse in my order. Sounds like my wait will be similar to yours. I wouldnt mind so much if everybody had similar wait times, but I made a thread about Canadian orders specifically (where I live) and one guy ordered the exact same build as me a week after me, and his is shipped. The only difference I can see is that his is shipping from California while mine is coming from China. Im happy he's able to get his, like some others who posted there, but it doesn't feel fair to me that I ordered the exact build a week earlier, live in the same Country, and mine is still processing.

psionicsin

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2011
Metro-Detroit, MI
I wonder what people select in the BTO screen that tells Apple if it'll be built overseas (China) or California...?

...or is it just random?

I (re)ordered on the 20th, and got mine by noon on the 27th. The lady told me mine was coming from Plant V108 which was a California plant. So I'm guessing ones assembled in California are coming sooner (obviously) and the overseas ones are taking forever to get through customs.

She did mention that ones built overseas do take a while longer than the Cali ones due to customs always holding things up.

OSB

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2015

Anecdotally untrue: my i7/395x/512/8 w/Magic Trackpad was ordered on Oct.26 and is shipping out from California today, for a Nov.02 delivery to Calgary, AB.

EDIT:
I wonder what people select in the BTO screen that tells Apple if it'll be built overseas (China) or California...?

My guess - Apple's order system polls the relative depth of queues at the various plants and attempts to optimize allocation and delivery times accordingly. Systems that optimize for overall results sometimes fail miserably at individual results.

Last edited:

simonb76

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2007
Ordered 27"/i7/512/395 on 28th. Received despatch notice today (29th), delivery 3rd to 6th Nov. Sounds too good to be true. Note I am in UK, do not know where it is being shipped from.

Funny that, I'm UK based and I ordered the same spec as yours on the 26th October and still says Processing Items and ETA is 4th / 6th November. :(

arbitrage

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
Anecdotally untrue: my i7/395x/512/8 w/Magic Trackpad was ordered on Oct.26 and is shipping out from California today, for a Nov.02 delivery to Calgary, AB.

EDIT:

My guess - Apple's order system polls the relative depth of queues at the various plants and attempts to optimize allocation and delivery times accordingly. Systems that optimize for overall results sometimes fail miserably at individual results.

Interesting, I ordered the exact same spec...Exactly including the swap to Magic Trackpad on the 19th and mine is delayed now to Nov 4-6...originally Oct 29-Nov 2....I'm calling Apple tomorrow to rip them a new one. Just for fun as it will get me nowhere...maybe a few tweets tonight to Timmy and the other execs will get my frustration across...again just for fun...I don't really care when the thing gets here....just seems unfair to me...that is all.....

And I agree with your last point about the allocations....it is a flawed system Apple uses with these different supply areas...as I said in an earlier post, Apple's history on logistics is very poor. They should really fire the whole lot and rehire people that know what they are doing in the year 2015.

DoggieStu

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2015
Interesting, I ordered the exact same spec...Exactly including the swap to Magic Trackpad on the 19th and mine is delayed now to Nov 4-6...originally Oct 29-Nov 2....I'm calling Apple tomorrow to rip them a new one. Just for fun as it will get me nowhere...maybe a few tweets tonight to Timmy and the other execs will get my frustration across...again just for fun...I don't really care when the thing gets here....just seems unfair to me...that is all.....

And I agree with your last point about the allocations....it is a flawed system Apple uses with these different supply areas...as I said in an earlier post, Apple's history on logistics is very poor. They should really fire the whole lot and rehire people that know what they are doing in the year 2015.

Maybe it is based on your geographical location, or some randomness? But switching to Magic Trackpad does push the delivery day back at least 2 days in New York. Had I known about this, I wouldn't have switched to it and wasted my $42 dollars expedited shipping, and now it becomes a "refunded" gift card that I have to spend in the future.

Brewing

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2014
Ordered my i7/m395x/512 on 10/27. Got my shipped notice today. Says it won't deliver until the 5th. Hope it come a day earlier when I will be off and home to sign for it.

Kappsi

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2015
Ordered my i7/M395/512GB on the 21st (delivered to Saskatchewan) after cancelling my original order on the 13th to change specs, still stuck at Processing. :/
Pretty ridiculous that being a province / country away means they don't bother maintaining any actual priority whatsoever for us. It's probably getting shipped from China anyways. -_-
First time ordering an iMac, and definitely disappointed with the way things are being handled.

Cliffy Biro

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2015
Ordered i7/M395X/1TBSSD on Sunday evening (25th) and it is out for delivery this morning (30th). Not bad! I'm in UK, tracking information with UPS has origin of UK so looks like it was built here, possibly Ireland?

Cpt54

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2015
PA

...or is it just random?

I (re)ordered on the 20th, and got mine by noon on the 27th. The lady told me mine was coming from Plant V108 which was a California plant. So I'm guessing ones assembled in California are coming sooner (obviously) and the overseas ones are taking forever to get through customs.

She did mention that ones built overseas do take a while longer than the Cali ones due to customs always holding things up.

I think it's random the first one they sent to me that was damaged came from California, the one that's on its way now is coming from China.

arbitrage

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
Ordered my i7/M395/512GB on the 21st (delivered to Saskatchewan) after cancelling my original order on the 13th to change specs, still stuck at Processing. :/
Pretty ridiculous that being a province / country away means they don't bother maintaining any actual priority whatsoever for us. It's probably getting shipped from China anyways. -_-
First time ordering an iMac, and definitely disappointed with the way things are being handled.

Yes Canada is somehow getting screwed over this time...I thought we would just be part of the overall US queue but obviously not. The poster from Calgary ordered the same as me and already has his shipping but in the other thread he mentioned he bought through a corporate account so that is likely given priority in my experience. I am going to call Apple this morning and make sure they are going to ship via a method that won't go ground up to Whitehorse like UPS. With my recent iPhone 6s+ order it flew on planes all the way to Calgary and then took 3-4 days on a truck to get here. If they ship Fedex it will go Air from Vancouver to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.