Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clovehitch

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2015
Got my "Tell us about your customer service experience" email today, for an indicated store pick up tomorrow.

theosg

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2015
Bay Area
Outside of forgetting to select a wired keyboard I'm 100% good.

Hope everyone gets their iMac safe and sound.

If you are near an Apple Store, try swapping the keyboard. My experience was very positive. 10 minutes (5 of which was just waiting for the manager to be available to authorize the exchange) and I walked out with the wired keyboard. Their POS (does that really stand for Point Of Sale or the other?) said I owed them $0.01... But they fixed that too.

clovehitch

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2015
Ordered on 19 Oct and up to the middle of last week, the delivery date was 30 Oct.

Today:

Shipping to Store (your items are in transit) Available 27 Oct, 2015.

21.5-inch iMac with Retina 4K display

• 3.1GHz QC i5, TB up to 3.6GHz
  • Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200
  • 16GB 1867MHz LPDDR3 onboard
  • 512GB Flash Storage
  • Magic Trackpad

Came in a day early--ready for p/u.

Reactions: psionicsin

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I'm probably the last October 13th order in the world that has yet to receive it. And it's still not suppose to be here until ****ing Wednesday :(. I'm going on 14 days after my order here.

kenchikwong

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2015
I'm probably the last October 13th order in the world that has yet to receive it. And it's still not suppose to be here until ****ing Wednesday :(. I'm going on 14 days after my order here.
Haha
I placed my order on 13th too~
They shipped my imac on last wed with fedex, and it is supposed to be here tomorrow, which is good
then i check the fedex tracking system, there were several updates on wed, good
then nothing new on thur, nothing new on fri... until now, they didn't update anything for 5 days, if they didn't forget to update the status, so my machine is in california for 6 days...
ok, tomorrow is the estimated date, let's see.

derekg

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
South FL, USA
I had almost the exact same experience. And it just slipped another day today.

Same here... Apple ignored paid next-day delivery option. My BTO shipped on Oct 22 - system finally arrived Anchorage, ETA switching between 28 & 29. Still waiting for credit on expedited shipping.

Somewhat frustrating call to Apple where rep kept blaming BTO process, while I insisted issue was with shipping mistake "after" ordered had already been built. Like others here first negative experience with Apple fresh-launch order (many previous ones have met or exceeded expectations)

Reactions: psionicsin

psionicsin

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2011
Metro-Detroit, MI
Mine is now at the FedEx sort facility about 50min from here.

Frustrating because I have to go to work and my roommate will be here. But he's unreliable because he likes to sleep as late as possible.

valexv

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2010
Thursday for me and I also ordered on the 13th.

DoggieStu

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2015
Same here... Apple ignored paid next-day delivery option. My BTO shipped on Oct 22 - system finally arrived Anchorage, ETA switching between 28 & 29. Still waiting for credit on expedited shipping.

Somewhat frustrating call to Apple where rep kept blaming BTO process, while I insisted issue was with shipping mistake "after" ordered had already been built. Like others here first negative experience with Apple fresh-launch order (many previous ones have met or exceeded expectations)

For those who got apple rep to refund the expedited shipping, did you get it back from your credit card? I just got an email this morning for a "Gift card". Freaking unbelievable, it is just like a scam to have you buy the gift card.

derekg

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
South FL, USA
For those who got apple rep to refund the expedited shipping, did you get it back from your credit card? I just got an email this morning for a "Gift card". Freaking unbelievable, it is just like a scam to have you buy the gift card.

Apple said will refund back to credit card but have yet to see it posted.

uvafan1

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2010
Hampton, Va
Mine was ordered on the 15th, with initial promise dates with expedited shipping being 10/21 - 10/23. It is currently scheduled for delivery on the 28th at the earliest. I still haven't seen my refund for my expedited shipping as of yet. My computer spent three days sitting in a warehouse in Shanghai.....bummer

Jeff Flowerday

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
Calgary, AB
Ordered mine on the 19th. Suppose to deliver sometime between tomorrow and Friday.

Still says processing. Tomorrow I'll consider cancelling, I can live with my Macbook Pro still, no need to reward them for their tardiness.

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
As of today, mine is actually showing a bit earlier than originally scheduled.
  • Ordered: Friday, October 23 for store pickup
  • Originally scheduled for pickup: Friday, November 6
Today status changed to Shipping to Store and Available 03 Nov, 2015. No tracking, of course, so next update will presumably be in about a week.

Orion1

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
New York
I don't know how many of you that ordered from an Authorized Apple Reseller but I did (for tax purposes) - Portableone.
I placed my order on the 13th and finally today it shipped from them and will be here on Friday! :)

psionicsin

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2011
Metro-Detroit, MI
So, no joke...

FedEx pulled up to my apartment. I ran down the stairs to meet him at the door.

He didn't get out of the truck. He just took off.

No note. No sticker. No NOTHING.

Yet the app says "No one was home/Business closed".

I just called and cussed them the F*CK out!!! I took time out of my day to make sure I was here to accept, the least you can do is do your F*CKING JOB RIGHT!!!

I HATE FedEx so much! Why couldn't it have come UPS?

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I don't know how many of you that ordered from an Authorized Apple Reseller but I did (for tax purposes) - Portableone.
I placed my order on the 13th and finally today it shipped from them and will be here on Friday! :)
Dude it shipped 14 days after you ordered it :eek:. That's scary. What's your configuration?

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
So, no joke...

FedEx pulled up to my apartment. I ran down the stairs to meet him at the door.

He didn't get out of the truck. He just took off.

No note. No sticker. No NOTHING.

Yet the app says "No one was home/Business closed".

I just called and cussed them the F*CK out!!! I took time out of my day to make sure I was here to accept, the least you can do is do your F*CKING JOB RIGHT!!!

I HATE FedEx so much! Why couldn't it have come UPS?
If you live near an Apple Store do in store pickup next time. That's what I did because I simply don't trust Fedex or UPS to do their job the "right" way. That seriously sucks. Good luck with getting your Mac soon.

psionicsin

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2011
Metro-Detroit, MI
If you live near an Apple Store do in store pickup next time. That's what I did because I simply don't trust Fedex or UPS to do their job the "right" way. That seriously sucks. Good luck with getting your Mac soon.

In-Store was given a date range of next week. The lady gave me free overnight. Overnight only works going to an address, not an Apple Store unfortunately.

Orion1

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
New York
Dude it shipped 14 days after you ordered it :eek:. That's scary. What's your configuration?

I'm not a patient man when it comes to waiting for tech deliveries...but I was away half the time and it helped :)

• Apple 27" iMac with Retina 5K display
  • Processor: 3.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5
  • RAM: 8GB 1867MHz LPDDR3 (+16GB from Crucial)
  • Storage: 256GB Flash Storage
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M390 2GB GDDR5
  • Apple Mouse & Trackpad : Apple Magic Trackpad 2, Apple Keyboard

Reactions: The Doctor11

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
ITS HERE! And within my orginal shipping time frame. It was pushed back a day to the 28th when it shipped but it came today! So excited. I'm at school right now though :(. Only a little while longer though :D!

Attachments

• Cdssfdagasgsdgasdapture.PNG
    Cdssfdagasgsdgasdapture.PNG
    32.8 KB · Views: 139
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.