Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's sixth-generation iPad mini is set to launch this Friday, and ahead of time, the device has started shipping to customers around the world. Track your iPad mini pre-order shipping status with others in the MacRumors forums.

ipad-mini-2021-youtube.jpeg

The new iPad mini is essentially an iPad Air mini, as the two devices now share several features, including slimmer bezels, a USB-C port, a Touch ID power button, a 12-megapixel rear Wide camera, and compatibility with the second-generation Apple Pencil. The new iPad mini even goes a few steps beyond the iPad Air with Apple's latest A15 Bionic chip, 5G on cellular models, and an upgraded front camera with Center Stage support.

Equipped with a larger 8.3-inch display, the new iPad mini is available with 64GB or 256GB of storage, and there are four colors to choose from, including Space Gray, Pink, Starlight, and Purple. Pricing starts at $499 in the United States.

The first iPad mini unboxing videos and reviews were shared on Wednesday, and first impressions of the device were generally positive.

While an iPad mini ordered through Apple's website today likely wouldn't arrive to your doorstep until October to November, select Apple Store locations will likely have limited in-store availability of the device starting this Friday.

Article Link: New iPad Mini Begins Shipping to Customers

Reactions: RouterCFW

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Great, because YouTuber's reviews are so bad! Maybe customers can show us some camera test...
There hasn’t been any legitimate ‘reviews’ yet. Those product demos that you’re seeing, are just more of a hands-on quick experience. They’re basically just showing you the highlighted features and the product itself, they’re not really ‘reviews’ from some of these more notable Youtubers.

Darth Tulhu

Suspended
Apr 10, 2019
I need to try one of these out in person. I am intrigued on whether it will be nice to use as the couch/bed iPad.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
iPad Mini is a fantastic device at a fantastic price! And better yet, only has 4GBs of RAM, so it gives me hope that my 10.5" iPad Pro still has a bright future of software updates from Apple. :)

Reactions: rome1453

MrENGLISH

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2009
I just realized the screen of the mini says “Mini” I really thought it was just random lines.
When I was a young kid, it took me awhile before I could see the S in the Superman logo. For whatever reason, my brain was focused on the yellow shapes and ignored the red S. Have no idea why.

Last edited:

Orange Bat

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2021
I love the iPad Air I bought in January, and sometimes I think I could use a mini version of it. However, I also think I could probably get away with an iPhone for some of my work, so maybe the 13 Pro Max is what I should get with a portable keyboard. Apple has really covered all its bases with screen sizes in their portable devices that it’s become difficult to decide what to get.

Tymmz

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
The one and only thing that makes me hesitant to get one is the low base storage and the unnecessary jump to 256 (at least for me unnecessary).

Reactions: pradeepbabloo

draig

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2021
I love the iPad Air I bought in January, and sometimes I think I could use a mini version of it. However, I also think I could probably get away with an iPhone for some of my work, so maybe the 13 Pro Max is what I should get with a portable keyboard. Apple has really covered all its bases with screen sizes in their portable devices that it’s become difficult to decide what to get.

The iPhone doesn't use the pencil does it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.