macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
sweet. Nice ad with the dog!

I think YouTube is interesting and all, but it seems like a pretty big selling point for a phone. Not very traditional (but neither is the iPhone). The social aspect of sharing YouTube must be the appeal for Apple/Google.

"Hey guys, have you seen that video of the skateboarding dog?"
"Nope"
"Lemme show you!"
"Whoa..."

dernhelm

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2002
middle earth
Very interesting. The recent iPhone ads have actually been very, very good. I only wish more Mac ads would be as good.

kskill

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2006
new york, ny
Ah, I want it so bad.

YouTube on a phone makes so much sense. Even more sense than 30 minute clips and/or movies...

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Uh, oh

A YouTube video showing a camcorder recording of a PVR recording of an iPhone ad demonstrating YouTube on the iPhone.

The Apple address of "1, Infinite Loop" has never been more relevant. :D

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
A YouTube video showing a camcorder recording of a PVR recording of an iPhone ad demonstrating YouTube on the iPhone.

I almost spit out my coffee on this one. That was awesome. :)

And...gaaaaah! I don't need any more ads. I want the effen thing. Just let me buy it!

LostPacket

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2003
Canada, eh
I'm really impressed with the direction they took with these ads. One of my tech-challenged clients couldn't wait to get an iPhone after she saw one of the first ads. And she didn't know Apple made the iPod.

cjewby

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2005
So... A YouTube video, showing an iPhone, playing a YouTube video, ...
Hah, And what's funnier is that we all just watched it.. again. as if it were something new.. and we hadn't seen the real version on the apple site already like 10 times. We = awesome!:D

Sandfleaz

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2007

I like the way you think!

darwen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
California, US
Seems like a stupid ad... then again, I havent really been liking these new iPhone ads, they are kinda annoying. That music is terrible! At least the switch ads had decent music.

cjewby

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2005
Flash..

Still wish we at least had the option for Flash on the phone. It's not the real internet if you can't see half the sites... and cmon.. flash videos are just as fun as Youtube! ehh... Battery life we're all used to phones with none anyways.. I want flash!

Dippo

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2003
Charlotte, NC
If they can put a Youtube link on the main menu, why can't we put whatever links we want on the main menu???

If there is a web app that I use everyday, why do I have to use bookmarks, why not an icon on the main menu??? :confused:

Also, I know youtube videos would load that fast with EDGE!

McCarron

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2006
I think YouTube is interesting and all, but it seems like a pretty big selling point for a phone. Not very traditional (but neither is the iPhone). The social aspect of sharing YouTube must be the appeal for Apple/Google.

"Hey guys, have you seen that video of the skateboarding dog?"
"Nope"
"Lemme show you!"
"Whoa..."
My thoughts exactly, right now it's not easy to show off YouTube on your phone. There have been points that I've wanted to, but my Windows Mobile phones can't support it properly. This would make it so much easier to show videos to others when out/about. Smart move on Google/Apple's part to get this together.

Darkroom

Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
can you read/write comments on YouTube with iPhone/AppleTV? a lot of the comments that members write really make YouTube one of the most disgusting internet sites... catering to idiot 12 year olds.... totally...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.