iPhone X New iPhone X Ghost Touching !

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sktgater, Dec 24, 2017.

1. sktgater macrumors newbie

Hi, Guys I have this new iPhone X for about a month. Recently it suddenly does this. Please checkout the videos.

As you can see, I left the phone on table without touching, and it just tap and touch itself!

I brought in to the Apple Store in Westfield Mall, World Trade Center and they couldn't find the cause. Already sent in for further testing and repair. The phone is free from damages like water damage or dropping, as I used it very carefully. It doesn't even have a single scratch. Any idea what's been going on? Feel free to leave your comments.

Tech Specs: 256G, Black, T-Mobile Version, Full Price Purchase

2. JM macrumors 6502a

JM

That's kind of funny. :D

Hope they give you a replacement phone.

3. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Clearly a hardware malfunction. I don't know why they wouldn't just replace it for you on the spot. I had a similar issue with a much earlier iPhone (maybe 3G?) and they replaced it for me after showing them a similar video.

4. ARSC macrumors 6502

5. Plunk3k macrumors newbie

Plunk3k

My wife’s X started doing the same thing. If you look at the video it looks like all of the ghost touching is happening in a horizontal line 1/3rd down the screen. Apple is sending me a new one. Because of this, I’m going to buy Apple care for the 1st time ever (in 10 years of owning all sorts of Apple products).

6. EJ8 Suspended

EJ8

7. sktgater thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL not fun using it for sure
    --- Post Merged, Dec 27, 2017 ---
    Yep. they said they replaced the screen, but don't give me any further detail.
    They are not that generous any more. if they want to replace it, i will ask them not to open the box and resell it right away :D afraid its gonna happen again
    LOL that will be cool !
    similar to my case. Mine ghost-touch around the middle on the left. I can see while using google map since the app gives a dot animation on touching spot. Seems certain area of the screen is malfunctioning.