New iPhone X Video Shot on Apple's Campus Shows Off Face ID, Apple Pay, Animoji, and More [Removed]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 24, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

A new video posted to YouTube recently by Brooke Amelia Peterson has provided a detailed glimpse at the iPhone X in Space Gray (removed, but still available on Reddit). Peterson is the daughter of an Apple engineer and in the video she visits the company's 1 Infinite Loop campus in Cupertino, California.

While touring the campus (which begins at around 2:10 in the video), Brooke and her dad stop for lunch at Caffè Macs, and he takes out an iPhone X to pay for their food using Apple Pay and Face ID. Brooke then takes a longer look at the iPhone X, swiping through the Home Screen's pages, and activating Control Center and the Cover Sheet through the right and left "ears," respectively.

[​IMG]
    A screenshot from the YouTube video, which has since been removed

It appears that Cover Sheet can also be toggled by swiping closer to the center of the "notch," although Apple placed the activation hot spot for this piece of UI on the left of the notch to avoid users smudging the front-facing cameras.

The video provides glimpses at the new and elongated Side Button, as well as the Space Gray coloring on the back of the iPhone X. Brooke opens the Camera, Calendar, and Notes apps, and her dad sends an Animoji of an alien to show off the new facial recognition features coming to the Messages app. Her dad also briefly mentions that his team will be moving to Apple Park in December.

Pre-orders for the iPhone X will begin this Friday, October 27 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time, and Apple today just announced that there will be some stock of the smartphone for walk-in customers arriving early to its retail locations on November 3, the iPhone X launch day. For more details about Apple's upcoming tenth-anniversary smartphone, check out our iPhone X Roundup.

Update (8:45 a.m. PT): The video has been removed from YouTube.

Article Link: New iPhone X Video Shot on Apple's Campus Shows Off Face ID, Apple Pay, Animoji, and More [Removed]

2. AppleAlex! macrumors member

AppleAlex!

Definitely a marketing move from Apple to appeal to her audience base, which I assume is Teens and younger.

3. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Watched this 3 times now, very nice-----

4. SwissGuy93 macrumors 6502

I sure hope her father doesn't get fired over this.

5. Danbrown521 macrumors regular

ugh.. can't wait to get my hands on mine! I'm sure apple approved that video before it was uploaded

6. jacobh101 macrumors regular

next episode she complains her dad was fired from Apple for showing a pre-released product.

7. Glideslope macrumors 601

Glideslope

The video was recorded on 9-15-17. I'd say the ok was given to post by Daddy. She even made him sit in the back seat. :apple:

8. dude-x macrumors regular

I like how her father says the "iPhone Eks". Then later clarifies it's the "ten".

9. newyorksole macrumors 68030

That song’s soul samples thooo. Phewwww!

10. Dave245 macrumors 601

The video was shot in the visitors centre and her dad having the iPhone X isn’t an issue as it’s after Apple’s keynote event and no longer a surprise, other images of people using the IPhone X started to appear online days after Apple’s keynote.

11. alent1234 macrumors 603

Fired? This is marketing

12. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

What the hell is this UI? So the flashlight and camera buttons are just going to obstruct notifications?

[​IMG]

13. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 6502a

H3LL5P4WN

14. SwissGuy93 macrumors 6502

Apple is still seeing this as unreleased hardware (ask any developer that included "optimised for iPhone X" in their release notes. So technically it's a leak. And Apple is very clear about marketing.

15. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Historically, I always upgrade. But I feel the conflict within me about this product. Not sure what I'll do this Friday.

16. Jsameds macrumors 68030

If you're only interested in iPhone and not clothes shopping and buying cookies, skip to 3:09

17. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

18. Smartass macrumors 6502a

FaceID appears to have worked well when he paid with it... nice looking phone though i still i cant see how exactly it justifies a price of 1150€+...

19. recoil80 macrumors 68000

Yeah, I'd say so.
    I don't think he'll get fired

20. Glideslope macrumors 601

Glideslope

Wait 10m. :apple:

21. Oblivious.Robot macrumors 6502a

Oblivious.Robot

Video starts at 2:50 with Apple Pay.
    Seriously skip it right then, and start again from 3:08.

The music gave me headache. :confused:

22. Glideslope macrumors 601

Glideslope

Yea. Don't ya love the end? "Thanks Daddy for sitting in the back." At the commissary check out he stated he was an Apple Pay Engineer. :apple:

23. Amacfa macrumors 65816

Amacfa

This was shot September 15. Don't worry guys, I'm sure they have polished the UI much more. That flashlight obstructing the notifications will go away.

24. MistrSynistr macrumors 6502a

My daily boring ass life set to the tune of cringe worthy stock music to make it look like my life is better than yours VLOG.