Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
It's an open source, royalty-free standard. Why not have support for it? Major movie studios may not support the format because they cannot fill it with DRM, but there are uses for the format for independent films with no studio backing like fan-films. Get off your high horse.

AVI and MKV are containers, not formats.

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Not in Norway/Scandinavia I think.
On The Amazing Spiderman page I can only see 4.38 GB (720p) and 1.95 GB (SD).

Have you got your settings set to download in 1080p in iTunes? I think its under Preferences > Store. I know if it's set to 720p there it displays the 720p details on the store.

If not then it looks like you're SOL.

Last edited:

Deadeyeshark

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
England
I heard from a very reliable source iTunes 11 was due to hit mid November, however the technician tasked with the duty of pressing the "Go" button was having so much fun reading this thread, he delayed the button press until the last possible moment.

11.59pm Cupertino Time 30th November - Mark my words.

You only have yourself to blame. :p

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
I heard from a very reliable source iTunes 11 was due to hit mid November, however the technician tasked with the duty of pressing the "Go" button was having so much fun reading this thread, he delayed the button press until the last possible moment.

it's today or not happening at all till a wednesday in december :rolleyes:

skadd

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2010
Have you got your settings set to download in 1080p in iTunes? I think its under Preferences > Store. I know if it's set to 720p there it displays the 720p details on the store.

If not then it looks like you're SOL.

The setting is set to 1080p yes.

Soundflunky

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2012

He's going drinking at 6pm and intends to travel all the way back to the office just to mess with us. Unfortunately, at around 11pm on Friday, he will lose the Go button in the bar and we're SOL.

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
Am I the only one who is eagerly awaiting this update, but at the same time knows that all they're going to do is update, peruse the new UI for five minutes, and then get on with life as if nothing happened?

I AN LEGEND

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
Am I the only one who is eagerly awaiting this update, but at the same time knows that all they're going to do is update, peruse the new UI for five minutes, and then get on with life as if nothing happened?

How in depth do you expect to go with a music player?

WillFisher

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011

Somewhere around the lines of Oh My God this is incredible for 5 mins, then I'll pick holes, then finish off my uni work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.