Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mactumors

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2008
Hi, everyone! They say iTunes 11 is out already - https://twitter.com/Takohashi/status/273811257310715905 Mac App Store gives me an error when I try to check for updates :( Was anyone able to update iTunes? Apple's website still has iTunes 10.7.

So strange that someone would take the time to edit in all of their own album artwork into a screenshot.

I wonder if it actually will be released on the Mac App Store...

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
So strange that someone would take the time to edit in all of their own album artwork into a screenshot.

I wonder if it actually will be released on the Mac App Store...

they also have there own twitter open behind the iTunes with there real picture and everything.. thats what made it seem legit.

jreed91

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2009
The leaked version on the left and the apple real version on the right
9tFe9.png

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
I call fake.

Nobody casually tweets that a highly anticipated piece of software is '****ing amazing' without commenting on the its availability. Very unlikely it's real.

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
What boggles my mind is how the joke went completely over your head...

Should hardly boggle your mind, given the seriousness with which everyone is posting here about how terrible it is that iTunes hasn't been released yet, and the fact that there was nothing in the the text of the post that would indicate that you were speaking tongue-in-cheek. If your intent was a joke, then I'll nod to that and acknowledge that you've got a better attitude about this whole thing than most seem to.

I like how I gave you a possible use for the format, and then you asked me why anyone would need it. I also like how you basically state that there is no reason to support it because they support other formats (h.264) I realize that when I record a video myself, or stream a video from my computer in the mp4 format, it will be supported. I would like Apple to extend that support to MORE filetypes. For example, MKV.

I didn't read your thread because I don't feel like mkv is a pain in the ass. Also, mkv files have errors in quicklook because quicklook has the same format support as quicktime and iTunes, which means mkv isn't on the list. MKV has its own advantages, and I personally would like it to be supported. I'm sorry you don't like it.

Edit: Clicked on thread to see someone whining about not being able to convert MKV files. Not only was it sad that he couldn't use handbrake, I fail to see how that has anything to do with MKV being a good format.

I use Perian so that QuickTime is compatible with mkv, though, unfortunately, that compatibility doesn't extend to iTunes. However, even so, QuickTime's ability to play mkv's is a bit spotty. I'm not overly impressed with the viewing experience. While you might place this at the feet of Perian, I've tried using other players, including VLC and another whose name illudes me at the moment, and not really been that impressed with the format in those players either.

I'm sure for some, such as yourself, mkv is a great format. However, I simply have no use for it. When I happen to end up with a video in mkv format, my first step is always to transcode it into straight m4v format. From that point on, I simply have a much better experience with actually watching the video.

Mona Q

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
I call fake.

Nobody casually tweets that a highly anticipated piece of software is '****ing amazing' without commenting on the its availability. Very unlikely it's real.
https://twitter.com/Takohashi/status/273807212839833601 - "Ну наконец-то! iTunes 11 доступен в обновлениях Mac App Store!"
Google Translator:
"Well, finally! iTunes 11 is available in updates Mac App Store!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.