New James Bond Actor unveiled

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
He looks like a Tory MP.

Clive Owen would have made a far better Bond. ;)

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Just heard this on the radio, damn you, you beat me to posting :p

I'm sure he'll be great. I liked him in Layer Cake too, I can't really picture him as the Bond that I currently know, but I'm sure that will all change when I actually see him in action.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
"Look, Doctor Q OD'd, that's all. M found him cold, freaked out, and effed off down to Brighton. Blue Velvet is gonna find her."

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
iGary said:
He's freaking hot. :eek:
i don't know, i guess he's attractive in the english countryclub sense, but Pierce Brosnen had that and more...I don't know he seems more fit for like a modeling poster for like an English clothing or something rather than a bond movie :p

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Ugly is a good spy quality. Nobody notices him, and he won't have any women distracting him from his job, even if he tried to pick up.

"Bond, the greatest spy in the world.......but oh so lonely." *tear*

Oh wait a sec......he bagged Sienna Miller. Nevermind, then. Dan's da man. :)

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Sigh... the first Bond younger than me. Had to happen sometime, I suppose. In fact, he may well be the first Bond actor younger than the James Bond series (which started in 1962). Anyone know?

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Not my first choice, which would have been Jude Law followed by Ewan McGregor, but at least he's (relatively) young and British. And we know he can play both tough and display a certain dry humor... All in all not a bad choice, although I think the two mentioned above would have been bolder and better... :)

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Not my first choice, which would have been Jude Law followed by Ewan McGregor, but at least he's (relatively) young and British. And we know he can play both tough and display a certain dry humor... All in all not a bad choice, although I think the two mentioned above would have been bolder and better... :)
ewan would have been a good shout.

in my eyes brosnan is and was the best bond ever.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
edesignuk said:
eeeeewwwwwwwwwww, I would have hated Jude Law! :eek:
Why, has he made a pass at Keira at some point...? :p :D

Honestly, tale look at Love, Honor and Obey and maybe a dash of Alfie and I think they'd gotten the perfect match for Ian Flemming's original right bastard of a male chauvinistic womanizing agent.

Lacero said:
Jude Law?
Yes! Again, though maybe not as the male gigolo robot from AI... <shudder> :D