New Laptops tomorrow!

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
I'd love to see the melt down of recent MB/MBP switchers if this is true. Don't see it happening though...

swagi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
Yeah sure...

So we have another three months of "No Montevina"-whining...great!

bigmc6000

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
Please!!!

I really, really, really, really hope they make an Aluminum MB or even a 13.3" MBP. I don't want 15 or 17 (not to mention the absurd price) and I'm not going buy a plastic laptop. I suppose that's hoping for a bit too much from an incremental update huh? :(

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2004
Dont be so quick to write this off as a phony.

Im not saying I know anything whatso ever; however, what I do know is that Intel is pushing all of its users to update to its new technology as it becomes available.

Intel has a grapple on the industry, and the PC world such as Dell, Sony, HP, etc like to listen to Intel and use their new chips ASAP.

Im thinking that Apple will do the same.

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2004
But what could they change? The new Intel Chips are due in June...
Sure they are due in June.

And just like all the previous Intel Chips, Apple get them a month early... Say in May.

Hrmm what month is it?

ahaley1986

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2008
I'm thinking not so much on this one, but hey anything could happen. Would be a nice surprise considering I'm waiting for the a major update to buy 1. Out of curiosity, wouldn't they usually release a major redesign at a convention (WWDC, MWSF)?

Spock

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I need a new portable and the Asus eee is looking real good unless they give me something to replace my 12in PowerBook

Holmes89

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Also by looking at the buyer's guide you will notice that most updates occur in May. Think about it, kids graduating, getting ready to go to college with lots of money from graduation gifts make this a prime time to buy. Why wouldn't Apple release it in May? Also I think we will be seeing decreased waiting time between updates because Intel.

Though I will say that the website is pretty shady though.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
Wow! This should be real interesting if it occurs. Just may have to sell my macbook and get an aluminum one! :D

33scottie33

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2006
Maryland
Maybe!!

The 3G iPhone is going to be the BIG hype for Apple this year. So, it makes sense to release the new laptops before the new iPhone. If not, the hype of the new iPhone could drown out the new laptops. On the other hand, the hype of the iPhone could help sell the new MBs, right before a new school year.

DCSMAC

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2005
my gut tells me that this isnt going to happen, but holy poo would it be cool.

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2004
No way they are going to be updated this soon.
I think they will. Maybe not tomorrow, but for sure before the end of June.

The Only reason Apple updated in Feb to Penryn processors was becaused they were forced to by Intel to replace all the 65mn (merom) chips. And it wasnt just apple, it was every other PC maker as well.

deputy_doofy

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2002
It seems unlikely, but then again, a laptop called "Macbook Air" seemed unlikely to me as well. Still not in the market for a laptop, but I enjoy seeing them progress, nonetheless.

PMac18

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2008
I highly doubt Apple would release new MacBook and MacBook Pro models this soon. I mean, they took the time to comlpetely redesign the pages on their website, dubbing the previous refresh as the "New MacBook, New MacBook Pro, etc." After all that they are going to redo it again after only three months? It would be really confusing to me why they would tell customers they are "new" three months ago, then "new" again tomorrow, it's not good marketing in my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.