Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is planning to unveil an updated version of the iPhone SE with 5G and a new iPad Air at an event that's set to take place in March, reports Bloomberg's Mark Gurman. Apple is said to be targeting Tuesday, March 8 for the iPhone SE event.

iphone-se-2020-top.jpeg

As we have heard several times before, the new iPhone SE will look similar to the 2020 version that's modeled after the iPhone 8, but it will feature a faster A-series chip, likely the A15, and 5G technology. It is also expected to include an improved camera.

The iPad Air will also feature an updated A-series chip and 5G connectivity, but it too is expected to feature no major design changes. At least one new Mac with Apple-designed chips could be introduced at the event, and prior rumors have suggested that this might be the Mac mini.

iOS 15.4 may be tied to the March event and the new devices, so we can expect to see the update launch in the first half of March.

The March event is expected to be digital-only rather than in person, similar to the events we've had for the last two years. It will be followed later this year by WWDC, where Apple will introduce new software, and several keynote events later in the year.

As Gurman has said previously, Apple has a wide range of product updates coming this fall, including new iPhones, refreshed AirPods Pro, new Apple Watch Series 8 and SE models, a refreshed MacBook Air, a new iMac, and a Mac Pro.

Article Link: New Low-Cost iPhone SE 5G and iPad Air Coming on March 8

Reactions: Ravi_MR and u+ive

munpip214

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
I hope they don’t talk about these things like they are new technology like they do in some keynotes. They are going to be borrowing probably 100% of stuff that is already in existing devices. They definitely need more if they are doing an event.

MayaUser

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2021
Anything, anything ()
Anything for money
Would lie for you Would die for you ()
Even sell my soul to the devil
Anything, anything ()
Anything for money
Would lie for you Would die for you
Even sell my soul to the devil

• Wow
Reactions: sorgo

Breaking Good

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2012

GRT89521

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2018
So... A15 iPad Air or M1 iPad Pro 11? I probably wouldn't spring for a 1TB iPad Pro so the RAM would be close between the two models I'd be interested in.

Halver_Rook

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2019
Where is the Mini LED 11-inch iPad Pro? Been holding off on grabbing one until this update happens. Thought it was supposed to happen Spring 2022?

Reactions: xpxp2002
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.