Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Less than a week after the last release (9C16), Apple has seeded a new version of Mac OS X 10.5.2 to developers today. The latest seed (9C20) lists no known issues. They've also separated the graphics drivers out into a separate update called Leopard Graphics Update, which must be installed after Mac OS X 10.5.2. The latest seeds are only available to registered Apple developers.

Unconfirmed reports indicate that Apple is shooting for a public release this Friday. The new 10.5.2 update contains numerous bug fixes, as well as a few requested features which have been previously detailed. Some of these include:

- DVD/CD Sharing
- Optional translucent menu bar
- List view in Stacks

Article Link

John01021988

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2007
This is gonna be cool, can't wait for 10.5.2 (even though I have no issues at all with my mac, which is an upgrade installation.) (knocks on wood)

Tsurisuto

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2007
I never understood why people dislike the translucent menu bar so much. I for one will be keeping mine the way it is. (But each to their own).

On a further note, Apple can you please hurry up and release 10.5.2 so Delicious Monster can finally release Delicious Library 2!

DarkFlame

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2007
I'm pretty new with macs, but I'm assuming this is a free update? I was going to order a macbook right now but should this make me wait?

cvahl

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2007
Boston
I'm praying for an iTunes update. 7.6 was the worst update I can remember, iTunes is almost useless since last week

cgray24

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2007
Texas
I wonder if the cd/dvd sharing will eventually lead to dvd sharing with AppleTV. That way I can get rid of my DVD player :)

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
I'm pretty new with macs, but I'm assuming this is a free update? I was going to order a macbook right now but should this make me wait?

No need to wait - the update is free - as are all point releases of OSX (i.e. you buy 10.5.0 and 10.5.X is free - X being the point).

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Has anyone had any trouble with applications randomly quitting or hanging up? Hopefully this will be fixed with the new update. *crosses fingers*

bommai

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2003
Melbourne, FL
This probably OT, but I just realized something. All of Apple's devices are Leopard based except for Apple TV. It is Tiger based. Does the Apple TV Take 2 use Leopard or is it still Tiger based? I wonder when the software update for that is coming out.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Here's what I predict

This new update comes out. I install it. and........

NOTICE NOTHING DIFFERENT AT ALL.

You know, kind of like almost every OS X update from Tiger on....

of course there are differences, but they are so tiny and add up to "no big deal"

I also predict that I will run home, and install it and be excited about if for all of two minutes.

SWEET!

and Safari will NOT BE SNAPPIER>>>>>!!!

mackiwi

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2006
I wonder if the cd/dvd sharing will eventually lead to dvd sharing with AppleTV. That way I can get rid of my DVD player :)

HEY! Thats a great idea!!!! I think you are on to something!

I wonder if Blu-ray dvds could stream over wireless to Apple TV.

Only reason I can see them not doing this is DRM worries by studios and apples desire to push the itunes downloads.

Does the macbook air let you watch DVDs through this feature?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.