New Mac Pro's on 11/13 (100% sure)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Matt342, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Matt342 macrumors regular

2. cwc123188 macrumors regular

3. gerrynjr macrumors member

This would be kick ass, I'd buy myself a b-day gift... (14th) haha, unless apple wants to send me a free one...

4. AutumnSkyline macrumors regular

AutumnSkyline

it is, considering Amazon listed the wrong dates on iLife and iWork 07/08 before one of the conferences. The conference did not produce any iWork or iLife ;):rolleyes:

5. thagomizer macrumors 6502

Amazon doesn't know any more than we do. Whoever at Amazon makes up the rebates probably keeps up on the Penryn news and is making the same guesses we are about Apple's plans.

That said, 13th is a pretty good guess. :D

What worries me is that Lenovo has just announced use of the Penryn Xeons... but not shipping machines until January.

6. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

Apple bought all the inventory/supply available till then?

7. 98707 macrumors regular

Yeah remember the rumors around tokyo that apple was buying up new xeons?

8. noi375 macrumors member

It's a pretty safe bet that it will be soon, as my brother got the Macbook rebate (the same $150) a month or so earlier (didn't ask him when it ends), and they did refresh the hardware on Macbook.

9. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

It'll probably be 11/14 due to the holiday. IF Apple celebrates it. lol. Next week better be the best week ever.

10. bigbird macrumors 6502

Don't mean to rain on everyone's parade, but what makes you think Nov. 12 is the end of the current Mac Pro? If you look at the Amazon page, just under the current rebate is the most recent rebate. It expired on Oct.22. From your conclusion, we should have seen a new Mac Pro on Oct.23. Did we? No.
    Just because a rebate expires don't jump to 100% conclusions. BTW, I hope I'm very wrong and we do see a new MP.

11. bluefiberoptics macrumors regular

bluefiberoptics

If the new Mac Pro comes out before Christmas, I will probably buy it. The only thing I worry about is if Apple releases a xMac AFTER I buy a Mac Pro.

12. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Well we've been speculating a November 13th release. I believe Multimedia will be right with his prediction and we will see an update next week.

13. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

xMac?

14. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

The computers Lenovo announced today are not Xeon-based. They use the desktop Penryns which weren't coming until January anyway (along with the mobile Penryns).

15. thagomizer macrumors 6502

Two models announced were the S10 and DC10. The DC10 is Xeon. The eWeek article says:

"In addition to offering a dual-socket configuration, the DC10 supports Intel's 5400A chip set, up to 64GB of DDR2 RAM and the same choice of SAT and SAS hard disk drives and Nvidia graphics cards. Both workstation also offer two, second-generation PCI Express x16 slots and dual Gigabit Ethernet ports. The basic S10 model starts at $1,199 and the DC10 starts at $1,739."

16. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

I stand corrected.... you killer of dreams.

still crossing fingers for Nov 13th Mac Pro release.

17. thagomizer macrumors 6502

At least their pricing gives me hope that Apple will not price their systems through the roof, like they did with OctoMac. $1799 for a dual-socket box, even if it's the low-end chips, is a good sign, especially since Apple's price on Mac Pro was cheaper than the comparable Dell box.

Yeah, I'm hoping too that Apple is getting first dibs on the chips.

18. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

Memory Question Answered?

Does this answer the question of what type of memory is going to be used in the forthcoming Mac Pro's, or had this already been established? Do the current Mac Pro's have "second-generation PCI Express x16 slots"?

19. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

Are we all going for the November 13th release or the "it's a holiday Monday, so we go with the awkward Wednesday November 14th release" day? What sounds more promising?

20. cwc123188 macrumors regular

Macworld '08 sounds most promising.:p

But for November I say the 14th. What was Multimedia's date?:apple:

21. newtech macrumors 6502

You all need to get a grip. The world won't end if nothing is announced next week.

22. wentwj macrumors regular

Thats assuming of course that some diabolical mad scientist isn't planning on destroying the world if he can't get his mac pro on next week.

23. flyingscott macrumors regular

flyingscott

Ok, what holiday are some referring too? Veteran's day is on Sunday... So if the 13th is a possible release day, what holiday would interfere?

24. tribe3 macrumors 6502

Just a thought

Apple likes the 2 or 3 X faster kind of thing for announcements.

When they announced the Mac Pro on August '06 it was 2X faster than the PM G5. My question is: Is there something out there to let Apple double the power of the actual machines?

25. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

Look up Xeon Harpertown. Same price as Woodcrests today; die shrink (cooler, faster per clock), higher clock at same price, oh yeah, and quad cores. All for the same price as the Woodcrests cost. If Apple aims to maintain the base price of $2500, the hardware will be there to make that claim come Nov. 12