New Mac Pro's on 11/13 (100% sure)

gerrynjr

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2007
This would be kick ass, I'd buy myself a b-day gift... (14th) haha, unless apple wants to send me a free one...

Comment

AutumnSkyline

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2006
it is, considering Amazon listed the wrong dates on iLife and iWork 07/08 before one of the conferences. The conference did not produce any iWork or iLife ;):rolleyes:

Comment

thagomizer

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2005
USA
Amazon doesn't know any more than we do. Whoever at Amazon makes up the rebates probably keeps up on the Penryn news and is making the same guesses we are about Apple's plans.

That said, 13th is a pretty good guess. :D

What worries me is that Lenovo has just announced use of the Penryn Xeons... but not shipping machines until January.

Comment

davidwarren

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Amazon doesn't know any more than we do. Whoever at Amazon makes up the rebates probably keeps up on the Penryn news and is making the same guesses we are about Apple's plans.

That said, 13th is a pretty good guess. :D

What worries me is that Lenovo has just announced use of the Penryn Xeons... but not shipping machines until January.
Apple bought all the inventory/supply available till then?

Comment

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2007
Yeah remember the rumors around tokyo that apple was buying up new xeons?

Comment

noi375

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2007
It's a pretty safe bet that it will be soon, as my brother got the Macbook rebate (the same $150) a month or so earlier (didn't ask him when it ends), and they did refresh the hardware on Macbook.

Comment

bigbird

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2007
Canada
Don't mean to rain on everyone's parade, but what makes you think Nov. 12 is the end of the current Mac Pro? If you look at the Amazon page, just under the current rebate is the most recent rebate. It expired on Oct.22. From your conclusion, we should have seen a new Mac Pro on Oct.23. Did we? No.
Just because a rebate expires don't jump to 100% conclusions. BTW, I hope I'm very wrong and we do see a new MP.

Comment

bluefiberoptics

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2005
If the new Mac Pro comes out before Christmas, I will probably buy it. The only thing I worry about is if Apple releases a xMac AFTER I buy a Mac Pro.

Comment

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
Don't mean to rain on everyone's parade, but what makes you think Nov. 12 is the end of the current Mac Pro? If you look at the Amazon page, just under the current rebate is the most recent rebate. It expired on Oct.22. From your conclusion, we should have seen a new Mac Pro on Oct.23. Did we? No.
Just because a rebate expires don't jump to 100% conclusions. BTW, I hope I'm very wrong and we do see a new MP.
Well we've been speculating a November 13th release. I believe Multimedia will be right with his prediction and we will see an update next week.

Comment

thagomizer

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2005
USA
Two models announced were the S10 and DC10. The DC10 is Xeon. The eWeek article says:

"In addition to offering a dual-socket configuration, the DC10 supports Intel's 5400A chip set, up to 64GB of DDR2 RAM and the same choice of SAT and SAS hard disk drives and Nvidia graphics cards. Both workstation also offer two, second-generation PCI Express x16 slots and dual Gigabit Ethernet ports. The basic S10 model starts at $1,199 and the DC10 starts at $1,739."

Comment

thagomizer

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2005
USA
At least their pricing gives me hope that Apple will not price their systems through the roof, like they did with OctoMac. $1799 for a dual-socket box, even if it's the low-end chips, is a good sign, especially since Apple's price on Mac Pro was cheaper than the comparable Dell box.

Yeah, I'm hoping too that Apple is getting first dibs on the chips.

Comment

sblasl

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2004
Heber Springs, AR
Memory Question Answered?

Does this answer the question of what type of memory is going to be used in the forthcoming Mac Pro's, or had this already been established? Do the current Mac Pro's have "second-generation PCI Express x16 slots"?

...up to 64GB of DDR2 RAM.... ...Both workstations also offer two, second-generation PCI Express x16 slots..."

Comment

cwc123188

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Are we all going for the November 13th release or the "it's a holiday Monday, so we go with the awkward Wednesday November 14th release" day? What sounds more promising?
Macworld '08 sounds most promising.:p

But for November I say the 14th. What was Multimedia's date?:apple:

Comment

newtech

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
You all need to get a grip. The world won't end if nothing is announced next week.

Comment

wentwj

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
You all need to get a grip. The world won't end if nothing is announced next week.
Thats assuming of course that some diabolical mad scientist isn't planning on destroying the world if he can't get his mac pro on next week.

Comment

flyingscott

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2007
Michigan
Ok, what holiday are some referring too? Veteran's day is on Sunday... So if the 13th is a possible release day, what holiday would interfere?

Comment

tribe3

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2005
Vienna, VA - USA
Just a thought

Apple likes the 2 or 3 X faster kind of thing for announcements.

When they announced the Mac Pro on August '06 it was 2X faster than the PM G5. My question is: Is there something out there to let Apple double the power of the actual machines?

Comment

suneohair

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2006
Apple likes the 2 or 3 X faster kind of thing for announcements.

When they announced the Mac Pro on August '06 it was 2X faster than the PM G5. My question is: Is there something out there to let Apple double the power of the actual machines?
Look up Xeon Harpertown. Same price as Woodcrests today; die shrink (cooler, faster per clock), higher clock at same price, oh yeah, and quad cores. All for the same price as the Woodcrests cost. If Apple aims to maintain the base price of $2500, the hardware will be there to make that claim come Nov. 12

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.