Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlevi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Who ordered them / what specs did you go with?

Just put in my order for my very first :apple:!!!

MBP 15" (top model)
4GB RAM
2.8Ghz
250gb 7200 RPM HD (saved me $50!)
Apple Remote
VGA adapter
Pixma printer
Neoprine Sleeve
Apple Care
CS4 Web Edition
Office 2008

Arriving between the 20th and the 24th :p

Who else stayed home today to order this? ;)

soccerplayaatl

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2008
Congrats! How much did that package run you with CS4, etc? Its funny that opting for the faster harddrive saved you some money. I guess you ordered in the few minutes that the store was up because it seems like its back down on my end

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
The only people who should be paying Apple for extra RAM are people who don't know how to use a screwdriver.

martinmartin

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
The only people who should be paying Apple for extra RAM are people who don't know how to use a screwdriver.

It looks like they have packaged the additional ram with the better processors...

The site is down now, so we can't see the BTO options.

Also, do we know how easy (or difficult) it will be to replace the RAM in the new computers??

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2007
Foothills to the Rocky Mountains
I'm waiting for 10.6 snow-leopard.

When that comes out, we'll see what hardware refreshes are done, and I'll jump in.

No reason for me to buy now, and then pay to go to 10.6 when I don't *need* anything as my G4 Mini is still awesome.

But if no new Mini comes out for the 10.6 release, I will end up with a MB.

kovy17

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2007
Ordered a macbook 1299. Its annoying how it says 1-3 days but arriving 16-22 of october. On my order form it says backlit keyboard for the 1299 laptop i thought it only is on the highest end macbook. I REALLLLLLY hope it comes by saturday. Will the old neoprene sleeve fit the new macbook

Nicken

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2004
Finland

jlevi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Congrats everyone :)

Yeah, I just don't want to tinker with it, and I wanted the 2.8GHZ, so the 4gig comes with... though I'm realizing I definitely don't need ONE nVidia Gforce for my silly photoshop jobs, much less TWO... I better get into gaming or something (haven't played video games in years!) or maybe some video editing, otherwise I will feel wasteful.

I am so, so, so excited - perhaps more excited than when I bought my last BMW. Is that sad or what?

My business partner bought the same computer and the lady on the phone said they like to over-estimate their ETA's... so who knows, they could ship sooner ;)

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
I still can't figure out what to buy! Of course, I can't order it until my husband's financial aid refund comes. His online classes started on September 18 and we STILL don't have that refund! Actually it's probaly a good thing because I would have already made my purchase. Now I get to play with shiny new toy, fun fun! I am so intrigued by the touchpad, I can't wait!

Eder6301

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2008
joliet
just purchased the second option MBP and with the ADC discount i saved almost 500 dollars checkout was like 2100 :eek:

xnitrorider62x

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2008
Georgia
Yeah! I ordered a low-end MBP and plan on upgrading my RAM myself later. I hope my MBP hurries up and reaches me before the lost weekend. :eek:

jlevi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
People are reporting that their MB's have shipped already - I guess the MBP is taking a little bit longer

philamac

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
it GLOOOOOWS!

2944805507_c0aa3093df.jpg

budkid

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2008
I ordered my first Macbook online this morning at 7am PST! I hope it ships out soon.

clownie

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2003
MB arrived today!

I ordered a standard 2.4Ghz MB. It shipped yesterday and arrived today. With the educational discount the 2.4 was only $160 more than a special order 2.0 w 250 HD... It did a quick software update and is working nicely. had to rebuild my lawnmower carb today, so really didn't get to play much yet...

budkid

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2008
I ordered a standard 2.4Ghz MB. It shipped yesterday and arrived today. With the educational discount the 2.4 was only $160 more than a special order 2.0 w 250 HD... It did a quick software update and is working nicely. had to rebuild my lawnmower carb today, so really didn't get to play much yet...

Do you live in California? You got it pretty fast!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.