New MacBook Pro and 13-Inch 'MacBook' Coming Next Week, iMac and Display Not Ready Yet

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 22, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has released a new research report outlining his expectations for next Thursday's "Hello Again" event where Apple is expected to make a number of Mac-related announcements.

[​IMG]

In line with long-standing rumors, Kuo believes the highlight of the event will be a redesigned MacBook Pro in both 13-inch and 15-inch sizes, adopting an OLED touch bar and Touch ID sensor, USB-C, Thunderbolt 3, and the same butterfly keyboard design introduced on the MacBook in 2015. Kuo also adds several new tidbits to the rumor mix:
    Beyond the MacBook Pro, Kuo says Apple will also be introducing a "13-inch MacBook," a claim he has shared previously. Rather than being a slightly larger version of the current 12-inch MacBook, however, this is likely to be a MacBook Air, which would align with other rumors claiming that only the 13-inch MacBook Air will be seeing an update with new USB-C ports.

On the desktop side, rumors have indicated that Apple is working on updated iMac models with discrete AMD graphics options, as well as a new standalone external 5K display, but Kuo says those products will not be ready until the first half of next year. It is still possible, however, that Apple could announce them at next week's event.
    Apple's event is being held at the company's Cupertino campus and kicks off at 10:00 AM Pacific Time on Thursday. MacRumors will have full coverage both here on the site and on our @MacRumorsLive Twitter account, and Apple will be offering a live video stream of the event.

Article Link: New MacBook Pro and 13-Inch 'MacBook' Coming Next Week, iMac and Display Not Ready Yet

2. Aquaporin macrumors 6502

Someone please tell me why Apple going with Skylake is better than jumping directly to Kaby Lake. I assume they will use a more powerful version than what's out for the Kaby Lake CPUs at the moment.

3. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

I see an updated iPad Pro being announced briefly here too.

4. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I think there will be more, or maybe I hope.

5. dannys1 macrumors 68020

dannys1

I did keep saying to people new iMacs won't be announced till next year. Apple just updated currrent box to Sierra wallpaper last week.

6. saudor macrumors 6502a

the amount of "NEW MACS!!!" and in a "smaller" print "but they're not out yet.." is starting to pile up on here

7. Hirakata macrumors 6502

Hirakata

Oh, well. I guess spring will just give me more time to save up for an iMac. (Since there is nothing at all about a Mac Pro...)

8. jamescobalt macrumors regular

jamescobalt

Can we definitively say, based on the available data, that Apple's product release cycles have slowed down to a crawl relative to five - ten years ago?

9. fishbert macrumors member

10. chromite macrumors regular

Oh man, this thread is gonna be filled with people complaining about every aspect of these new MacBooks...

11. dannys1 macrumors 68020

dannys1

Kaby lake for MacBook Pros not out till 1st quarter next year and then there's an issue with on board graphics for top end models to be worked out too.

12. Hanzu Lao Suspended

Hanzu Lao

iMac not ready? What the hell is going on in there?

13. alvesik macrumors member

alvesik

They better adapt MagSafe to USB c. It may seem like something little, but there has never been a better laptop charger and little details like that are what make Apple actually Apple.

14. Schwyz, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016

Schwyz macrumors regular

Schwyz

5 years since Thunderbolt display received an update, and it's still not ready. What has happened to this company.

15. dannys1 macrumors 68020

dannys1

ITS BEEN THE SAME COMPUTER SINCE 2012!!!

What?? They're getting rid of the HDMI port!?!?

16. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

I like how they mention Skylake CPUs instead of the just-around-the-corner Kaby Lake CPUs.

17. jamescobalt macrumors regular

jamescobalt

Hey guys - remember the Mac Pro? The Airport and Airport Express? The Cinema/Thunderbolt Display? The Mac Mini? The iPod Touch?

What's so different about Apple today relative to 5+ years ago?

18. FatherJack1980 macrumors regular

FatherJack1980

I would much rather have the MacBook in a 16" version, with 500 gb storage, simply because I'm not willing to shell out 4,095 USD for the current 15" MacBook Pro with 500 gb of storage (I'm pretty sure the MacBook's will be quite a bit cheaper than the MacBook Pro's)

19. aohus macrumors 68000

they lost me at 'keyboard will have same butterfly design as on the macbook.'

SHAME!

20. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

21. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

Wow! No iMacs? Wasn't really planning on upgrading, but if it's till next spring, I might snag one then.

Was hoping for nVidia gpu's though.

22. majkom macrumors 65816

23. dmx macrumors 6502a

LOL at this point might as well wait for Kaby Lake at a minimum.

24. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Get over it.

Typing is so much better on the new keyboards.

SHAME!

25. mj1108 macrumors 6502a

They probably just started on it yesterday.

Ugh. The worst keyboard ever. Just because you can make something thinner doesn't mean it's a good idea.