Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nicky G

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2002
Baltimore
My 14" is ordered! WOOT!

Decided to keep it to 10-core CPU/16-core GPU/16GB RAM/1TB SSD -- all it needs to be is a competent upgrade from my mid-2020 13" MBP AKA "the lapburner" and last until the Armv9 M2 Pro/Max machines are available in a year or two.

They gave me US$1010 for my minty 13" MBP 2.3GHz i7/16GM RAM/1TB SSD, which was a bit better than expected actually. Figured it was good to get rid of it now while Intel-based machines are still worth much of anything.

Serban55

Suspended
Oct 18, 2020
But it does ONLY support 120hz on the built in screen, only 60hz over hdmi and external monitors over the tb/usb-ports. Huge disappointment and shows the lack of interest from Apple.. There is more than a few monitors that supports higher frame rates and if they are serious about 120hz work flows then support for external monitors with it is a must, isn't it?
bye bye, buy a surface laptop studio then...oh ups that doesnt support shxiit
Again, under usb4 you can support external monitors 2K 120/144hz

Sneakz

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
But it does ONLY support 120hz on the built in screen, only 60hz over hdmi and external monitors over the tb/usb-ports. Huge disappointment and shows the lack of interest from Apple.. There is more than a few monitors that supports higher frame rates and if they are serious about 120hz work flows then support for external monitors with it is a must, isn't it?
MacOS already supports external display with refresh rates above 60hz.

nitramluap

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2015
If it has the same ‘zone dimming’ feature then I’m not interested. It’s terrible with high contrast images, with distracting blooming at zone junctions. It’s honestly one of the worst Apple displays in low light, high contrast images. In bright scenes it’s fabulous, but that’s not really good enough.

And a notch on a laptop? That’s a design/engineering fail. This feels like it was designed by committee.

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
Logic Pro with spatial audio is coming.. Also, some other UI changes are in the process ...
I'm not familiar with the latest Logic Pro, is the interface getting more flat design or more "realistic?" (Hoping for "more realistic" which translates to more intuitive/easy to use for many like myself.)

• Wow
Reactions: Babygotfont

aeternitas

macrumors member
May 12, 2015
Hard pass for me. I was in the market for a new MBP to replace my 2016 one. But the design itself, kinda looking like a white MB from back in the day, and that notch is a no no... I never asked for thin bezels, much less if they meant that the laptop would have a notch.

I'll push my current MBP 2-3 more years until they remove the notch (because we all know they will). Lets be honest, Steve Jobs would've never allowed them to design a Mac with a notch.

MacNotch Pro, no thanks.

mark34

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2006
They don’t even specify the number of dimming zones on these new MacBook Pros, so I doubt it will be better than the iPad Pro.
The iPad Pro screen is brilliant and the blooming is very rarely an issue. It exists, but it has little to no impact on the incredible screen. You'll see some blooming on white credits and controls against a totally black screen when watching in total darkness. That's about it.

Of course, there are use cases that are not my use case where the blooming may be a much bigger problem.

stockseer

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2012
Florida
Really excellent; rumors had this right. Apple Watch 7 in my opinion was intended to be a redesign, but Rockley Photonics, who makes the health-sensors, wasn't ready. So that is quite likely for Watch 8. I suspect health sensors for AirPod Pro3; the only reason RKLY got cut in-half (we're buying around 7) was the aforementioned delay. Apple was one of their seed-money financiers if you go back to the origins; and they do business with them and others like Medtronic. Anyway I traded my 2020 MacBookPro which I had to buy after spilling coffee on the prior one just after AppleCare expired (figures). So I bit the bullet; new one will be here Oct. 26, so I guess that's quick. It seems awesome; especially the better camera and so on.

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
Well… that probably means you’re getting an AMD/Intel laptop with support for that, right? ???

• Sad

McMountaineer

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2021
In term of Design, i‘m very disappointed. This Macs look like the Models of 2011. I would have expected something like the MacBook Air… something Modern.
The Silicon Chips are awesome.

• Wow
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.