Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CB007

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2016
And every day is another day that Apple is still selling 15" MBPr's with freakin HASWELL processors two generations old and still charge premium price, full price, no discount.
When they release the new Macbook Pro's with Skylake or Kabby Lake processors, they'll lower the price on the old ones.

rawdawg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2009
Brooklyn
Can someone smarter than me explain if they feel this will be able to power dual 4k displays? I am about to bail on Apple waiting for an upgrade for their desktops, this could buy me some time.

Reactions: pat500000

Munky

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if there won't be an event. To fill an entire hour with a touch panel and a slightly thinner body is rather...difficult. And no rumors at all point towards anything else, that's in the pipeline.
I'm sure their will be updates to the iMac as well. Pro and mini could be a different story...

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
Can someone smarter than me explain if they feel this will be able to power dual 4k displays? I am about to bail on Apple waiting for an upgrade for their desktops, this could buy me some time.

Most models current gen can already do 2x 4k

elmaco

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2012
"There have been no hints of an event and no invites have been sent out, so it's possible Apple will debut the machines more quietly, with just a press release."

We have been waiting for this since 2012.

Just a press release, when they got the OLED panel, touch id and a new track pad. They also need to talk a bit more about the Airpods, when will we be able to buy them.

2012 presentation

Last edited:

Ankaa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
I'm sure their will be updates to the iMac as well. Pro and mini could be a different story...

Yeah, but anything other than speed bumps? And those don't actually need any time dedicated to during an event.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have an event, I just don't see it happening. Filling an entire event with just normal speed updates and ONE major redesign thing just doesn't seem likely...I mean, in September we had the iPhone, the Watch...software...There was a LOT.

Gashole

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
So much for a "Pro" level laptop. Losing MagSafe, HDMI, and SDCard slots. I don't care about thinness in a Pro laptop. I value functionality way over thinness and portability. My Macbook Pro 2010 is the perfect size and weight. If you want to remove the ports that a lot of people use ALL THE TIME, then do that crap with the Macbook or the Air, not the Macbook Pro. That damn headphone jack better be there too or I'm roadtripping down to Cupertino.

outside23

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2016
Hopefully Apple is less concerned with making the updated MacBook Pro smaller and lighter, and more concerned with making it a professional device again. Anyone who has ever tried editing 4k video on the most recent model knows this is computer is no longer a possibility. No need to remove all of the ports and SD card slot. Smaller isn't always better.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Somehow, i am doubting they'll be an event for this... My feeling is silent updates.. Its already half way through October already....We would have heard something by now if there was going to be an event. Even if it is running up u need at least a week to know. Apple's not gonna pull WWDC event out of it's <censored> for next day *surprise us all*

So yes, I agree with the "big guy at the top"

ghost187

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
I'm guessing a March "Pro" event featuring Macs and iPads. At this point I'd rather have kabylake processors anyways.

Reactions: pkissel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.