New MacBook Pros (and Possibly MacBook Airs) Coming on April 13th?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Australian Macworld reports that it has received information claiming that Apple is set to release updated MacBook Pros and possibly MacBook Airs next Tuesday. The unidentified source of the claim is said to be "familiar with Apple product cycles and inventory levels".
The source said that an update to every MacBook Pro model was expected on Tuesday, 13 April, but was unsure about the MacBook Air. The source was also unsure of any further information regarding a local date for the iPad release, but agrees that 24 April is likely.
An update to Apple's MacBook Pro line has been expected for several months now, with several claims of imminent or "next Tuesday" releases having been made with no results. A report earlier this week indicated that new models are expected sometime this month after having been delayed slightly due to shortages of Intel's latest mobile processors.

Article Link: New MacBook Pros (and Possibly MacBook Airs) Coming on April 13th?

alexk82

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2009
East Coast
question

the more rumors the more it's true?? anyone with some long term experience here? just don't want to get my hope to high

geoffism

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2005
NYC

Yay! More unidentified sources that are familiar with the process.

Here's a tip, there's not a real process that is identifiable (if A then B therefore C). If there was, there's probably a couple people on this forum that would have figured out this thing.

I say we all just take a deep breath, and carry on. They get here when they get here. Until then, there isn't any thing we can do about it except wait and hope.

Me, of course I'll buy one when they are ready.

chris7777

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
I want to believe this

But have become so jaded because Steve Jobs wants to feign being all mysterious about it, instead of maning up and being honest and admitting that there is a supply problem.

I just hope its true, and it would be nice if we really were actually pleasantly surprised, instead of rolling our eyes in Meh

rockstarjoe

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2006
washington dc
Seems like inventory is really starting to thin out... I hope the update finally arrives next week! I'm planning on upgrading from a 2006 Macbook and the wait has been tough :)

Adokimus

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2007
Boston, MA
Hopefully it's right...

But, if it's not, you can bet there will be similar "sources" every Tuesday from now until they are released. Eventually someone will be right.

jayjohnson

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2009
Well that's great...if it's true.

But when are they going to release new Mac Pros? No one wants to buy them now, they're way over priced and out of date. We are all sick of waiting!

beebler

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2009
New redesigned Macbook Airs coming out this time in 2011. 15" ones coming out then or a little after.

jezzuhkah

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2010
Yes, Plz!

Yes, plz! My first generation MBP died in January and I've been getting desperate (thinking of breaking down and getting a PC). C'mon Apple, do not disappoint!

craigatkinson

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2006
I'll believe it when I see it. Still I'll be crossing my fingers. Not like I can afford a new computer right now anyway. I'll probably be sticking with my first generation macbook pro for a while anyway.

arkmannj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2003
UT
Noooooooo! Why not June?
New iPhone, and Mac OS X Liono. Can't cram to much into one month ;-)

Besides doesn't Apple often tend to update shortly after the school year has begun (Sep / Oct) using Education sales to clear out the current inventory ?

If so, that wouldn't leave much time between updates.

Just a guess.

bcb23

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
Crap. Here we go again. I suppose if enough of these "rumors" keep coming one will eventually be accurate. I have been waiting so long for this, but I cannot get excited anymore. Once they are released, they better have some major improvements to make the 300+ days wait worth it.