Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

the_mole1314

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
Akron, OH
BWhaler said:
I wonder if this promotion will be tied to the new iPod mini?

I hope we are able to see under the caps again. I drink diet pepsi anyway when I drink soda, and it's always nice to get an iTunes song as a bonus.

Probably tied to liquidating their current supplies for the new version.

KCK

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2003
Oakland, CA
didn't notice till just now that on the image of the label that was posted there is also a not about 1 in 6 win a buy 1 20 oz drink and get another one free. That is different from last year.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
KCK said:
The Superbowl isn't till Feb 6th this year so if the promotion is starting this month those two items don't match up.

If it is tied to the rumored iPod Mini update then I guess we could see an announcement tomorrow or next Tuesday. If the bottles have already appeared by accident, perhaps it will be tomorrow, although I feel it is too soon after MacWorld announcements last week.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
If you read the fine print on the back of the label, they are offering 200,000,000 songs from iTunes this time, twice as many than last year's 100,000,000.

Since the odds are still 1 in 3 for the songs....600,000,000 Pepsi bottles with yellow caps...

Way too much soda. :)

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Freg3000 said:
If you read the fine print on the back of the label, they are offering 200,000,000 songs from iTunes this time, twice as many than last year's 100,000,000.

Since the odds are still 1 in 3 for the songs....600,000,000 Pepsi bottles with yellow caps...

Way too much soda. :)

Hopefully this means that they are running it in Europe as well this year as we now have a European iTMS. Well I can hope ....

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
KCK said:
didn't notice till just now that on the image of the label that was posted there is also a not about 1 in 6 win a buy 1 20 oz drink and get another one free. That is different from last year.

so you have a (1 in 3) + (1 in 6 of getting 2 in 3) chances to get a free song

nek

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2003
Canada
Phat_Pat said:
a free iPod mini and hour holy smokes....

ok either thats really good photoshoping or thats real....

Pepsi gave away a free iPod an hour from Oct 2 to Dec 25 (13 weeks) in Canada. That works out to 2184 free iPods. You can still see it on their website at http://pepsi.ca/

But they have never done the free iTMS song thing here yet.

fixyourthinking

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Greenville SC
Wonder if downhillbattle.org will start their bogus recycle

I wonder if downhillbattle.org will start their bogus "cap reycling" program again to show Apple you are protesting how much iTunes gives artists.

It seemed like such a scam last year. To me, it looked like it was "fake grass roots" campaign to get free codes.

There never was any followup to actually see what they did with the codes people sent in - if anybody stupid enough did send them in.

Centris 650

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2002
Near Charleston, SC
swissmann said:
I just hope that it is advertised and promoted better than last time.

Well, one thing that no one has pointed out yet is that the last promo was only for Sierra Mist and Pepsi bottles. Otter said he bought a Dr. Pepper which means that caps might be on the other major Pepsi products. That will go a long way to helping out the promo. I HATE Pepsi and didn't buy one last year. (However my wife likes Sierra Mist and that's how I got the bulk of my free tunes!) Looking forward to buying some Dr. Pepper and getting free tunes!

otterpop

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
oregon
in response.
I have another bottle that i will disect tonight when i get home from work.
There are a metric buttload of these at the store i purchased them from.

to top all that off, it feels really good to have something i pointed out make it on the front page of the site. I feel all special now.

iPegboy

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2003
Detroit
There are a metric buttload of these at the store i purchased them from.

metric? are you sure you are from oregon and not canada? jk.

i'm pumped about this. perhaps they'll get them out a week before the super bowl and do some cool ad then. no rumor talk about ads this year, kind of strange considering all the new products. it would be cool if they did something with the mini or something.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2004
Hadn't heard that anyone called, I called the number and is was a bank in Nigeria :p :p !

Just kidding, the number says you have called the iTunes promotion line and that it starts Jan 31, so pump up those kidneys everybody!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I've given up drinking liquids until the end of the month, so I'll be ready (good and thirsty) when they wave the starters flag on this promotion. And this time I won't wait until the last minute to start cashing them in. Last year, I didn't notice that there was a limit on tunes per day, and I ended up giving away some of my winning caps.

xsnightclub

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Green Bay, WI
Apparently Pepsi pays as much attention to keeping the wraps on promos as they did with getting the bottle caps out on time for the last promo.

Well maybe they are gonna make sure the caps are actually avaiable this time round, if this is any indication it is time to start buying pepsi products (Mountain Dew Please!!!) and saving caps til the promo begins

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
From the rules
Apple Site said:
PROMOTION PERIOD: The Pepsi/iTunes promotion (the “Promotion”) period begins 12:00:00 a.m. PST (3:00:00 a.m. EST) 1/31/05; Sweepstakes entry period ends 11:59:59 p.m. PST on 4/30/05, and free song redemption in the iTunes Music Store ends 11:59:59 p.m. PST on 5/23/05. The computer of Apple Computer, Inc. is the official time-keeping device in the promotion.

WHERE TO FIND GAME PIECES: Look for game piece printed underneath bottle caps on specially-marked “iTunes” 20 oz. and 1 liter bottles of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Wild Cherry, Mountain Dew, Diet Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew Code Red and Sierra Mist and under the rim of specially-marked 32 oz. and 44 oz. fountain cups available at participating locations through 4/11/05 or until supplies of specially-marked packages exhaust. Not all brands and package sizes may participate in all areas. Game pieces may not be sold, traded, bartered, auctioned (including through Internet auction sites), given away or obtained through any source other than from the purchase of a Product or through the following “No Purchase Necessary” method of entry. To receive one free game piece and a copy of Official Rules, without purchase and while supplies last, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked on or before 4/11/05 to: Pepsi iTunes Game Piece, P.O. Box 4711, Young America, MN 55558-4711.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York

Attachments

• itunes.jpg
    itunes.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 27,565
  • promopepsi20050117.gif
    promopepsi20050117.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,081

polyesterlester

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2002
Soldotna, Alaska
jimsowden said:
I too hope they are on 7-11 cups. I double and tripple cup when i can. Nothin better in life than free and legal music.

Technically, that's not allowed. Last year, the iTunes cups had a sign above them saying that they were inventoried and you buy them buy the cup. If you messed up filling one, you weren't supposed to throw it out, you were supposed to give it to an employee and fill a new cup.

But, I double-cupped several too, until an employee told me I wasn't allowed.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Promotion applies to Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Wild Cherry, Mountain Dew, Diet Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew Code Red and Sierra Mist.

A lot more than last time.

And look at this: Watch for our Ads during the Super Bowl. :D :D :D

Attachments

• itunes2.jpg
    itunes2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 107

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
Apples rules of new promo:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/pepsi/rules.html

PROMOTION PERIOD: The Pepsi/iTunes promotion (the “Promotion”) period begins 12:00:00 a.m. PST (3:00:00 a.m. EST) 1/31/05; Sweepstakes entry period ends 11:59:59 p.m. PST on 4/30/05, and free song redemption in the iTunes Music Store ends 11:59:59 p.m. PST on 5/23/05. The computer of Apple Computer, Inc. is the official time-keeping device in the promotion.

WHERE TO FIND GAME PIECES: Look for game piece printed underneath bottle caps on specially-marked “iTunes” 20 oz. and 1 liter bottles of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Wild Cherry, Mountain Dew, Diet Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew Code Red and Sierra Mist and under the rim of specially-marked 32 oz. and 44 oz. fountain cups available at participating locations through 4/11/05 or until supplies of specially-marked packages exhaust. No

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.