New Pride Watch Faces Available in watchOS 5.2.1

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacRumors, May 13, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

The watchOS 5.2.1 update released today includes several rainbow-colored Pride watch faces that are new to the Apple Watch face gallery.

There's a new 2019 digital pride Apple Watch face, which, like the 2018 pride watch face features rainbow stripes that wiggle when tapped or when your wrist is raised. Instead of six spaced out rainbow lines with black behind them, the new watch face features rainbow stripes that take up the entirety of the watch face in eight colors.

[​IMG]

Apple has also added two new Pride Analog faces, one that's square shaped and one that's round, both with analog hands. The new analog watch faces change colors each time the wrist is raised, and wiggle like the rainbow stripe face. Each of the new watch faces support a limited number of complications.

For the last several years, Apple has debuted new pride Apple Watch bands during WWDC, and the company is likely to introduce another new rainbow design this year, which could feature solid stripes like the watch face.

[​IMG]

Apple participates in the San Francisco Pride Parade every year in support of the LGBTQ community. Apple employees march in the parade, Apple creates dedicated t-shirts, and also hosts other celebrations throughout the month of June.

Note: Due to the political nature of the discussion regarding this topic, the discussion thread is located in our Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum. All forum members and site visitors are welcome to read and follow the thread, but posting is limited to forum members with at least 100 posts.

Article Link: New Pride Watch Faces Available in watchOS 5.2.1

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

3. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

These comments will be interesting.

Politics aside, those actually look pretty cool

4. ricktat macrumors 65816

5. outskirtsofinfinity, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019

outskirtsofinfinity macrumors regular

outskirtsofinfinity

I'm (proudly) straight, but these watch faces are excellent and will appeal to my (proud) gay friends as well as others. <3 There's something real cool 70s retro about them.

6. christarp macrumors 6502

christarp

Digital one looks a bit like a usability nightmare, but I'm not opposed to more options.

7. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

The last two could just be a static wallpaper tho

8. LordVic macrumors 603

I don't like this years. but more just cause it doesn't appeal to my artstyle and too busy.

But, keep up with the pride inspired watch faces, bands etc. They're awesome

9. gugy macrumors 68040

gugy

My eyes hurt looking at these graphics. Maybe it should have been a single solid shape with the gradient. That narrow black space in between the lines kills it IMHO.

10. aaronhead14 macrumors 6502a

aaronhead14

I genuinely don’t understand why or how sex has become a thing that so many people feel the need to tout so publicly. What a strange reality we live in.

To be clear, this is just an observation. Not a political comment.

11. Powermax macrumors regular

I'm downloading it now, hoping that there are more improvements other than just a new watch face...

12. Return Zero macrumors 6502a

Return Zero

13. jclo Editor

jclo

Staff Member

Really hoping for a pride Sport Loop for 2019, but not sure how that design would work.

14. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

We live in a "me, me, look at me" era, where people are convinced (and convinced themselves) that the world cares about their sexuality, tastes, life, cats/puppies, possessions, habits, kids, etc to a point that has reached the insane. Sexuality is just a tiny portion of it.

(On topic, I do not like the faces, way too busy in my opinion)

15. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Well when people are treated equally under the law.... tout'ing is a must! And side note, LGBT Pride has nothing to do with sex...

16. twocents macrumors regular

twocents

These are soo gay. What kind of guy do they have running Apple? It is almost like there is an agenda at this point. If only Steve was still around. He never would sign off on bright, beautiful colors to add some taste to their products /s

17. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

18. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Where are the religious watch faces? Oh wait... Apple would never allow having something for everyone. How inclusive of them.

19. coolfactor macrumors 601

Don't like these faces at all, and don't agree with the direction that this whole pro-Pride movement is going in. I don't mind seeing companies support this, but I think it's being taken too far.

20. LordVic macrumors 603

I'm going to chime in, because I once believed that as well. While I'm mostly a "keep it in the bedroom and enjoy" to whatever floats anyones boat, the idea behind Pride andbeing loud about it, is because historically, those who were LGBTQS2 are often punished, discriminated against and in some places, beaten to death just for being who they are.

The pride and shouting it out loud is a way of saying "I'm here, I'm queer, and I'm not going to hide for any bigot"

Even though I'm not LGBTQS2 myself, I consider myself a friend, and I support their message because of the way I used to think about silencing them. again, I didn't want to silence it because i'm against it, I just didn't understand WHY and WHAT pride stood for. I always thought it was just an excuse for them to wave dicks around in public. It is not.

21. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

Here in the UK, Father Ted fans are thinking...

5EC67DAA-798B-4A28-92C1-BB6368617937.jpeg

22. ikramerica macrumors 6502

“Real cool 70s retro”. This does not compute. You must be young.

Anyone who was forced to wear or buy anything from the 70s during the 70s cannot fathom why anyone would want to bring back any of the mustard brown and avocado bubble font trash heap that was 70s design.

23. LordVic macrumors 603

Someone else having support doesn't equate to hate against you.

stop trying to make everything about your own victimhood.. especially when nobody is actively persecuting you.

24. ThomasJL macrumors 6502a

It’s in poor taste for Apple to include gay pride watch faces, just like it would be in poor taste for Apple to include straight pride watch faces. Taking political sides is divisive because it excludes large groups of customers.

Apple should be apolitical. But an apolitical approach won’t happen due to Apple SJW CEO Tim Cook.

25. gaximus macrumors 6502a

is there any animation associated with these? I found out that the wallpapers for the iPhone that are similar to these have an animation when you unlock the phone.