New Pride Watch Faces Available in watchOS 5.2.1

nexusrule

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2012
Tim Crook seems to have forgot Apple is a technology company.
True. Like Steve Jobs had forgot it when he wanted iMac in multiple colours, or insisted having gigantic scenic Apple Stores entrances, or agonised designing Apple Park, and sold iPods in multiple colours and so on and so on. Weird that only these coloured faces trigger you though.

jontech

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2010
Hawaii
I support Apple to support whatever causes they want

However I would like to see some Black Pride, or Free Tibet or whatever causes for marginalized people who aren’t being represented. You can be exclusive by simply targeting your inclusiveness

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
I don't like them personally, But its good to have more watch faces to choose from.

bluespark

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
I genuinely don’t understand why or how sex has become a thing that so many people feel the need to tout so publicly. What a strange reality we live in.

To be clear, this is just an observation. Not a political comment.
Pride isn't about sex, but rather identity. The rainbow represents inclusiveness, not anything having to do with sex per se. It's only natural that this cause has principally been advanced by the LGBTQ population, which has been discriminated against in many ways. When many of us wear things like this, we aren't necessarily doing it to tout anything about ourselves (I'm mostly straight), but rather to let those still in the closet know they have support.

danny842003

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2017
We live in a "me, me, look at me" era, where people are convinced (and convinced themselves) that the world cares about their sexuality, tastes, life, cats/puppies, possessions, habits, kids, etc to a point that has reached the insane. Sexuality is just a tiny portion of it.

(On topic, I do not like the faces, way too busy in my opinion)
The problem is there’s plenty who do care about the sexuality of others and try to force their opinions in to the bedrooms of others.

These watch faces are hideous though, just far too busy.

Reactions: Daveoc64

neuropsychguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2008
The faces are too busy for my taste but I would try them out just as homage to the classic Apple rainbow. I get that these are Pride Rainbows but they could just as easily be classic Mac rainbows (I know the Apple rainbow had horizontal lines and the colors weren't in this order but those are details many people might miss).

Last edited:
Reactions: emmanoelle

danny842003

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2017
It’s in poor taste for Apple to include gay pride watch faces, just like it would be in poor taste for Apple to include straight pride watch faces. Taking political sides is divisive because it excludes large groups of customers.

Apple should be apolitical. But an apolitical approach won’t happen due to Apple SJW CEO Tim Cook.
It’s not at all divisive, pride isn’t a political side. If your politics is based on what other people do with their anatomy you have much bigger issues.

tshrimp

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2012
LOL....Are you really using the ACLU, VOC, and The Daily Beast as legit references?

ACLU - No explanation needed.

VOX - Vox is an American news and opinion website owned by Vox Media.

The Daily Beast - The Daily Beast is a left-leaning American news and opinion website

GrumpyMom

macrumors G3
Sep 11, 2014
I object to these faces strictly on the basis of them being hard on the eyes. The tiny black lines between the color stripes need to go, they do make the overall look very busy.

Reactions: ucfgrad93

hagar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2008
It’s in poor taste for Apple to include gay pride watch faces, just like it would be in poor taste for Apple to include straight pride watch faces. Taking political sides is divisive because it excludes large groups of customers.

Apple should be apolitical. But an apolitical approach won’t happen due to Apple SJW CEO Tim Cook.
And what exactly is the political message Apple is sending here?

Because doing this is a political statement on Apple's part. I cynical enough to think they are doing it for financial reasons rather than some of the social justice reasons other seem to believe, but to each his own.
Good to know you realise you’re cynical. Apple is about inclusion, and yes that’s part of their brand, but with Tim as the CEO I find it hard to be cynical about their motivations here.

I get more crap for being a Trump supporter than I do for being gay.
Wait? Both aren’t mutually exclusive?

What right an LGBT+ individual doesn't have in 2019 America? Be specific please.
If you don’t know anything about a subject, then why the need to express your opinion? Because, you’re not just “asking”, but trying making a statement and failing to do so because clearly you’re not a member of the LGBTQ community.

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Is Apple ever going to change the styling of the Apple Watch to something more appealing? This one looks so much better, is less expensive, and doesn't push a political agenda down our throats.
I've noticed that people who are so upset about LGBT causes also tend to use phrases about things being shoved down their throat. It makes you think.

miniyou64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
It does suck though when one of the best chicken sandwiches around is sold by a company who participates in such bigotry though.

but it's the free market. While I disagree with their position / stance. it's up to us, the consumer to decide if they should be punished for it by shopping or not shopping.

However, Even if it's our right to shop or not based on hate/bigotrious (is that even a word?) reasons. Doesn't mean those reason are any less repugnant for their thoughts.
So now anyone that disagrees is a bigot? What exactly are their thoughts? You left those out of your comment.