Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
It's not bad looking, I like the design. But 49mm would just be too big for my liking. 47 is already stretching it.
Hard to determine size here, I want to see them side by size and not with the cases as we saw this morning

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The new watch will be the most expensive Apple Watch yet, likely replacing the Apple Watch Edition at the top of the lineup...
Hold my beer.

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 12.30.39 PM.png

midkay

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2008
I mean… I dont know what to say lol…. It’s like we already know everything that’s announced. Secrets haven’t been spoiled this bad in a while
Yeah, seems like more leaks than ever this year. I'm still hoping they'll have some surprises, even just some small features nobody anticipated.

Reactions: swisscanadian

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Nice face on that watch. I'm so damn used to having 8 complications on my screen so I can't go back to anything that simple, but I like it.

Canubis

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Vienna, Austria
Not really sure what to think of the huge bump on the right side. Looks quite ugly to me and I don't really get its purpose. So why is it there?
It doesn't really protect the crown, which still can be accidentially touched on 2 sides and the button inside the bump seems even more susceptible to accidental taps as well.

So what is it for if it neither serves form nor function?

MacCurry

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2006
I love it! As a long time wearer of Casio G-Shock 51mm watches and other large watches that are rugged, the battery life will be key. I was about to pull the trigger on the Garmin Epix 2 Sapphire (~$1,000), but will wait to see if this AW8 Pro can get at least 3 days of battery life. Garmin is taking the sports and outdoors people with their lineup of great smart watches, which aren't cheap, but are round, rugged, great battery life and great functionality. The AW8 Pro is meant for people who want those functions. For those not interested, there are the standard AW series.

AppleUK1

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2022
I am usually a 'bigger screen the better' person but I don't know if I will find this a bit too much for my wrist

Reactions: valleian

Antes

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2014
The way the crown and new button bulge out disturb me although , as another user has already said, it’s for easier use with gloves. Anyways If they bring back the stainless steel space black I’ll just go with that

Reactions: Armada2

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
I mean… I dont know what to say lol…. It’s like we already know everything that’s announced. Secrets haven’t been spoiled this bad in a while

the watch needs to be more than bigger and with more battery life. this is designed to go head to head with the Garmin Fenix 7 to the extent Apple invited speciality athletic watch reviewers like DCRainmaker and DesFit (who have reviewed this niche for a decade or more) to see the watches in person at the launch. You have to believe (or hope) there will be unique software features specific to this model. Things like compatibility with ANT+/Bluetooth bike power meters or cadence sensors, built in hiking features with full topographical maps, health tracking metrics to calculate a daily recovery score for planning workouts etc. We shall see but its always those software secrets that tend not to be spoiled…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.